• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Interested?

FLTLNR

A coworker of mine has one of the following.

post-738-0-94439400-1366759811_thumb.jpg

And, he would like to get rid of it. Any takers? Details to follow.

Oh, i "think" its a Land Rover 101, not sure of year.

this one is just a picture. i will get details today.

edit: for those that dont know, this thing is huge! the ring you see on the driver side front rim is a step to climb in.

It is in fact a Land Rover 101 Forward Control. The soft top varients are a bit better than others but still drives like a shipping container on wheels. A a pig on fuel. Unless someone has swapped engines it has a Rover V8 petrol engine. Can not be entiraly sure on model year, normally rover people don't focus on model years. For example, if a Rover person asked me what I have it would be a Series 3, 88 (88 inch wheel base). There would be no mention of the 1972 model year. That being said, if I recall correctly, all the 101's where brought into service sometime in the mid 60's to mid 70's timeframe.

And no power steering.....

Lol i thought it said "unless" it has the v8 lol. I will get all details today.

Easy mistake. No worries.

If I am not mistaken, they were all built with the all aluminum 3.5L Rover petrol V8. Fun fact: this engine started it's life as the Buick 215 back in the 1950s when GM started experimenting with all aluminum V8s.

talked to dude, asking 8,000$ it does need some tlc he says, not sure of everything he needs. But, from what i understand, in the grand scheme of things, its not a total rebuild (ie tires maybe and stuck thermostat).

edit:

not to take advantage lol he literally has no idea its value.

Archived