• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Bump and grind sunday mar 17

97 cherokee

Well this changes things... are we doing a trail run or are we exploring? lol

No idea, I didn't know they were going haha. That's my point of this.

Trail run, with maybe a little adventure when we stop for lunch ;)

The first 1/2 of it is pretty light - it gets a bit more aggressive from there with some rock gardens with larger rocks you must traverse. I would NOT recommend this trail without a good set of skid plates under your truck.

With skids you could make your way through the entire trail. It currently is a dead end so you run the same trail in reverse to exit.

I'd love to try it it sounds good just my truck has shitty stock skids under it it's bs except the front one lol that's one thick piece of alum well ill think about it :$ thanks guys how long is the trail ?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the quality of the skids - as long as there are some skids there protecting your oil pan and gas tank you'll be fine.

If you take your time and spot your tires over the rocks you will be ok - the skids are necessary insurance IMO.

What Scott said, I am currently running stock skids on my rig and have not had an issue with them, we are there to help you through as well, and have no problem getting out of our rigs and spotting if needed or wanted. I would suggest coming out on this one as it is a fun trail, and if things get too rough for you there is always a seat in another rig for the remainder.

noob question!!!

Is there a resource for those of us that do not know the trails? as well, is there a trail guide, by that i mean is each trail rated? i ask because i both do not know where to go, and, do not know what the local laws are regarding just tearing off into open land.

When my rubi gets on the road i was going to go to peggys cove and perhaps mess around a bit with a friend. take the ladies out during easter weekend.

There is no online resource (i.e. maps) for trails. No club will publish trail information due to trails being abused by non-club members.

We have a trail rating committee (new this year) who will be working on ratings and descriptions for each of trails we run; however, work is just beginning on this.

It's always wiser to go on group trail runs. Off-road clubs get permission to cross private property (trails), typically have a form of insurance when on private property (trails), and always 'Tread Lightly'. If you decide to just go wheeling on some woods trail, without asking permission, you may get stuck, lost, or in some parts of the province...shot at. :)

Archived