• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

5 speed chev FOUND

Powerram

It's a 6.2 diesel cab and chassis 5 speed standard 4x4 dualie, so it would have a 14 bolt rearend and I believe 9-1/4 ifs front diff. not much else to it. I'm only interested in the transmission, transfer case and clutch/brake pedal assy and master/slave cyl assy. The rest will be scrapped. Supposed to run good with a ton of new stuff on the 6.2, new manifolds, y pipe, alt, some other odds and ends.

This truck is Torsion bar front end.  U Probably wouldn't that, u must be looking for 60 front solid axle, .also being cab and chassis the rear might be a weird width to match up. Once u figure out what side drop you need let me know, IV got lots of stuff and if I don't have it I can probably get it

Yeah I am use to Toyota stuff, everything is passenger side drop and makes things easier haha. 

My idea is to mount a VW bug body to a s10 frame on top of 1 tons and sbc350, hopefully mated to turbo 350 trans and whatever t-case I can find that isnt crap

Np 208 and np241 are good transfer cases and easily found behind a th350. Also the 241 comes in both flavours pass drop in the older trucks and driver drop in the 90 era trucks.. IV broken both but I have an excessively heavy right foot.

Harder to find is np205 gear drive cast iron case. Has a few configurations of how they mount to the transmission and different spline counts. For chev only pass drop. I haven't broken one yet but rather the drive shafts break first. 

Yeah it was the floor shift with that stupid actuator that never worked. I just used it as a scrapping truck but it was a blunden construction truck originally. High kms.

Infact it rolled over to 400k as I pulled into SNF metals in dartmouth one day haha

18 minutes ago, TomWood said:

@Brunet-Hemi might be interested in the front end. Looking for a heavier duty IFS front for the dodge ;)

12 minutes ago, Powerram said:

IV got one at moms with his name on it, 9-1/4 gm 3/4 ton front diff in a 1992

yeah Tom I've already talked to Matt about it, i think this is his 3rd 9 1/4 IFS he's got now. lol 

and thanks again Matt for setting it aside till i can get it off you.

Archived