• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Rally course vehicles needed - October 18th, Middleton, NS.

sar4x4

The organizers of the summer Ledwidge Lookoff rally have asked if we can provide three vehicles for their fall event, Car 0, 99 and one Sweep.  It is a single road event. If that goes well, I suspect we will be asked for similar course vehicles for their spring event...............

Here is another chance to participate and/or work a different position!  (I'm not necessarily going and if I do I'm not looking to be Car 0!)

Post up and Tom and I will get back to them!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads up and thread bump Tom.  You should have your tie-rod fixed by then right?  Like my Scout water pump and Suburban windows?

I'm going to try to make it to Trout Lake, but I do not know what I will be driving!  I'd like to think Suburban for Sweep.  Or my Rogue for 99.

TIDBIT:  The organizers mentioned it is a very very interesting road. Something like 10 km long and nothing but turns, like one every 100 m.  It makes you pay attention they said!

Was talking with Daphne Sleigh last night.  Owner and co-driver of the white VW 2WD class.  She says Trout Lake is fun and there are 7 cars registered at the moment!  But we all know what attrition can do, but still it sounds like a good field!

At that means off-the-road action.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I believe the spring and fall rallys are just as good as the big summer one, but a bit shorter.  So it could be fun!  Spring 2014 they had a car off the road......

If I take the Suburban I'm going to trailer it down with my bro's truck and our big trailer.  We'll decide as we get closer to the event and who can make and what they're driving!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We need to be there  for 730 I believe to ensure we can get organized before the 8am start time. Here are directions:

image.thumb.png.79fcaad1170b0d739e1ecb95

I can meet up with you guys at exit four (will be waiting on the side of the highway) and we can convoy down from there. I'm checking maps now to find travel time 

Schedule:

Recce Oct 18, 2015 8:00 – 11:00

HQ / Service opens Oct 18, 2015 8:00

Volunteer Meeting Oct 18 2015 10:00

Registration Oct 18, 2015 10:30 – 11:30

Drivers Meeting Oct 18, 2015 11:30

Car 0 Starts Oct 18, 2015 12:00

Car 0 Finish Oct 18, 2015 16:00

Results/Awards Oct 18, 2015 17:00

So, although I wouldn't mind driving the route ahead of the actual race, I think being there for 11:00, giving an hour for set up should be good?

8:45 meet at Esso on Sackville Drive? 9:00 Departure?

I've asked Cindy, the organizer, if 11 am is good and if we can even still drive the route at that time. It's much shorter than the summer rally.

Info:

http://www.bluenoseautosport.ca/2015TroutLakeRallySprintSuppRegs.pdf

Description of Event:

The Trout Lake Rally sprint will take place on a single road. There will be two stages, of 3.9km. Main time control is located in a gravel pit at the end of the stage road. There is a 2km transit to the start of the stages. There will be a total of 2 passes of each stage in each direction (a total of 8 stages) with total mileage 31.2km.

Archived