• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

New to the club!

TacoMitch

Thanks guys!

Nice yota! What lift and tires do you have

I have a 3 inch OME lift, 885 coils, Dakar's in the rear with nitro chargers all around. I have my winter tires on the truck right now but I was running 245/75/16 BFG AT's. I'm getting 285/75 BFG MT's in the new year though! Pumped for them!

That's a good size for those trucks. No rubbing. My buddy has 265/75/16 bfg at on his and he regrets not getting 285s.

I have 285/75/17s on the fj and they rub even after a body mount chop.

What area are you from. I would like to organize another Toyota run after christmas

Hey Mitch, welcome, you will have a lot of fun here and there is a lot of wisdom amongst the members, also be sure to keep an eye out on the trails/events section of the forum as there are frequent planned/unplanned runs!

Sam

Yeah! There's nothing overly unique about my truck just yet. Other than the fact it looks kinda silly lifted and stock tires lol

Sure you know this, but I was poking fun. There is a down side to standing out in a community; everyone knows who & where you are. Hard to visit the girlfriend without the wife knowing...lol

It's not lifted enough for it to look silly on the stock tires though...

285/75 will fill those holes better. Have a friend with the same Taco (though black) and although it's a mall & kid crawler, when he went to 285's, it really changed the look (functionality too off-road, though it's a shame it will not see anything rougher than a fire access road :( ).

It's not lifted enough for it to look silly on the stock tires though...

You're right, it doesn't look too goofy, just not the way I personally want it to look.

Sure you know this, but I was poking fun. There is a down side to standing out in a community; everyone knows who & where you are. Hard to visit the girlfriend without the wife knowing...lol

285/75 will fill those holes better. Have a friend with the same Taco (though black) and although it's a mall & kid crawler, when he went to 285's, it really changed the look (functionality too off-road, though it's a shame it will not see anything rougher than a fire access road :( ).

Yes! You're right, I used to drive a flat black Celica, that car had lots of err.. um character. But everyone I knew always knew where I was! I think the truck will handle off road terrain much better with bigger sized MT's! that's for sure!

I believe a 285/70r17 is the one you would want for a 17" rim, john's got 285/75r17 which are quite a bit taller.

285/70/17 is just about the same as a 285/75/16! Almost 33 inch ;)

A guy I used to work with has 305/70/17s on his '06 TRD on 3" of lift. Looks sweet, but I still haven't convinced him to come wheeling yet :facepalm:

Those must be massive. I can't imagine his turning radius is very good lol.

On 16s, its perfect but on 17s they rub.

I'll rub on my stock rims, the back spacing on the TRD alloys is 5.5... So I'll have to run wheel spacers to avoid lots of cutting. I have 1.25's that I'm going to run until I get new rims with smaller backspacing. I imagine I'll have to modify the bottom of my fender flare and possibly take a hammer to my body mount. I don't have mud flaps in the front (one got ripped off down a trail, twice) so I won't have to worry about them!

A hammer to the mount won't cut it. Its 1/4 inch plate. You have to cut them unless youre some of strong men haha. Anyways, my turning radius is not great.

If you have 16 inch rims, I would get the 255/85s unless you plan on some serious offroading.

We made it through the first day of the mud event this summer with a 11 Tacoma with a 2" leveling kit and 265/75/16 bfg at. Hows your fuel mileage. I get about 325 kms per tank on highway compared to 400 with stock tires

Archived