• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Wanted : AMC Eagle

Nightpath

Topic says it all. I was a retard to get rid of my old Eagle. Listened to idiots who were all hot and heavy about offroading, soon as my Eagle sold they disappeared. Got rid of my Jeep, hoping to come across a replacement in the next few weeks.

Let me know if you spot any in the wild...if you do ask the owner if they want to sell, or leave my number on their windshield!

PM me for my number ;)

OR if you come across some other random cool vehicle (old Raider, Iltis, etc) let me know. I can't stand the usual vehicles. Been a twin all my life and can't be bothered with having something that looks like someone else's.

Topic says it all. I was a retard to get rid of my old Eagle. Listened to idiots who were all hot and heavy about offroading, soon as my Eagle sold they disappeared. Got rid of my Jeep, hoping to come across a replacement in the next few weeks.

Let me know if you spot any in the wild...if you do ask the owner if they want to sell, or leave my number on their windshield!

:oops: :smiley-shocked019:

I will say this, if you haven't stopped talking about or missing the eagle, nothing will help other than buying one. I have missed and keep talking about a pre-1993 Mazda truck (Had a 91 2wd) and to this day still miss that truck, no matter the fun had in the Jeeps. At this point I know I have to have another one again and it will be the next purchase as nothing else will do :). I tried by getting a Cherokee and still talked about the Mazda.

Honestly wait it out and get the vehicle you want.

I'm going to try but they aren't too common around here. Hoping that the people I sold it to want to get rid of it lol.

There's a guy in Berwick who has a couple. Trying to find him to see if he wants to part.

The ONLY vehicle I've had that I wish I never let go was my '76 FJ40 Landcruiser. At least the Eagles were North American, with a lot of "crossover" parts from Jeep. Good luck finding Toyota 2F motor parts. Any new parts are few and far between, leaving HARD to find used parts from people that don't want to part with them if they still have a rig. ****, the newest FJ40 out there is 30 years old :P!

Parts are still available from the dealership James...as long as you want to pay though the a$$ & wait a couple months for them to come on a boat! There are 2 "mint" FJ's here in Truro and you do not want to know what they paid for parts!

I know where there are 3 of them that will not sell until the owner kicks the bucket (insert ambulance chasers here) and one of them Aaron NN knows of for sure as he used to pass it all the time until they moved it out of the open (End of Crowes Mills Road)!

I pestered the living F out of the home occupants over the past 7-8 years!

I may be in luck! Found one down by Yarmouth, think it's been sitting a few years. Also a couple up near Harold Reeve's past Berwick. I'm going to start scouring.

Wouldn't take much to get one going as long as the body is good. Most of the drivetrain from newer Jeeps can fit under one with a few mods.

Crossing my fingers. And toes. And eyes. And anus.

I'm in PEI and I saw something down the road beside a barn........... I kid you not. I come by there often, I'll get a better look and let you know.

I came by the place this morning at 7:45 am and -16 degrees. I didn't stop. Next trip in about a month..........

The son is trying to talk his father into selling it...and the rest of the stuff laying around his property.

In the mean time, I'm looking out for a little 2 door Tracker (or maybe 4 door). I know that they can sometimes be found for a good price.

Archived