• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2014 M.U.D. Run - DATE: July 25 - 27, 2014!

sar4x4

Bump! M.U.D. is now officially 7 weeks away. We held our first, and probably only, official organizational meeting tonight over coffee and stories. We discussed a possible route. And, that was it! The only organization left to do now is to pick a sticker design and wait anxiously!

A couple of suggestions made tonight.

1) This is not an event we suggest you bring a showroom condition vehicle to or for someone that has never gone 4-wheeling before. As noted in the first few posts though, it is 'No whining.'. If you don't like the condition of the trails, turn around and go back!

2) If you break down we will attempt to help you to the nearest paved road or road suitable for a towing / recovery service.

3) And we will not leave anyone stuck (no forward or rearward momentum) on a trail. Half of the fun is recovering others!

That's it for now!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone is bound to ask if the trails will be 'stock friendly' or 'stock doable'. Here is my comparison. I would not be able to drive my Nissan Rogue through the trails. I will be able to get my '84 Suburban on 37s through the trails with scratches and probably a dent or two.

That's it! That's the description!

Do we have a list of what events are happening each day? I will be home but can't do 3 days but I can do 1 or 2.

During the 'event' we'll post up where we are and where we are heading towards. Anyone can bow out at any time, or join in at any time. Depending on terrain we may travel 20 kms in one day or only a few and camp and repair.

The event is designed for that mrjoe. We will be crossing and travelling paved roads for short distances between trails and you can join in or bow out. I fully expect a lot of folks to do that, and everyone gets a sticker, no matter if they come for half a day or 3 days. Hmmmmmm! Two colors of stickers, a different colour handed out at the end if you make all three days? Or a second smaller sticker to signify 3 days? Hmmm!

Wowsers, wowsers! What neat pictures and story! What a great idea James to check it out when we are in the area. :ninja: On the Bowater side, west of Rafter and Sandy Lakes, there is an old sluice that isn't nearly as old, it's rotted creosote timbers, yup rotted, that one could visit.

And my father, now 86, worked in the lumber camps here when he was too young to go to WWII, so they needed someone in the camps! Hmm, I also know of a spot that has an old slipway down to the lake. And I mean old. Trees a couple of feet in diameter, and almost rotted away. Great idea to visit these sites!

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP! It is now July! I need an estimated head count to begin to guess how many decals to order! My truck isn't ready and I have to take time off to pick up a good deal on the weekend! :ninja: Yikes!

REQUEST: Please post if you think you are hoping to come out to M.U.D., whether for the entire trip, a day, or even just a few hours.

Thank You!

BUMP! It is now July! I need an estimated head count to begin to guess how many decals to order! My truck isn't ready and I have to take time off to pick up a good deal on the weekend! :ninja: Yikes!

REQUEST: Please post if you think you are hoping to come out to M.U.D., whether for the entire trip, a day, or even just a few hours.

Thank You!

Lined up and ready to go!

1) Eugene - '84 'Burban

2) James - '06 Heep

3) Toyrunner - '06 4Runner

4) John - '08 FJ

5) Jay - '02 Xterra

Tentatives!

1) Steve - '99 TJ

Any spelling corrections, etc. let me know!

just write John for me, its a lot shorter :)

anyone bringing their dogs / and, or / kids ?

if i receive the parts in time, i'll have some brand new tires and a lift kit on the truck for that run !

Archived