• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Stock to Rock Jk build - So it begins

zacde94stew

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

APJ doing the install too? What kind and how much lift?

I plan on doing the install myself. no control arms so it should be pretty straight forward. Ill take it to an alignment shop afterwards. Ill get the control arms later when some more cash comes my way.

Those are tall tires. Manual or Auto? Programmer to fix the speedo? Gears cost $!

its on 32ish tires at the moment so they arnt A LOT bigger. its an auto with 4.10 gears front and rear. ill see what has to be done once they are on programmer and speedo wise.

Those are cute; sounds pretty close to the factory tire size on an H2 (roughly 35") ;)

In all seriousness, congrats on the purchase - you will notice a big difference in the trails.

I think that IS the stock size, go read your stockers but for a 17" rim, no?

Sweet, can't wait to see it done! Now we need to find more stock rigs to come with us so I don't feel so bad!! :D

You just need to make yours "not so stock" ;) !

Derek Is it ever REALLY done? :p

It's never done once you start... until the final mod - a "For Sale" sign :P !

its on 32ish tires at the moment so they arnt A LOT bigger. its an auto with 4.10 gears front and rear. ill see what has to be done once they are on programmer and speedo wise.

if you are going from 32 to 35 that is roughly 10% so 100 km/h 90 km/h on the speedo will be 90km/h 100 km/h on the road.

James IIRC factory H2 is 315/70-R17.

if you are going from 32 to 35 that is roughly 10% so 100 km/h on the speedo will be 90km/h on the road.

James IIRC factory H2 is 315/70-R17.

haha! 315/75-r16 converts to 34.6x12.4-r16 and Factory h2 converts to 34.4x12.4-r17! My new tires are bigger (marginally) then the H2 Stockers! lol :smiley-music037:

The speedo should be out the other way isn't it Scott? 100kph would be 110. Larger diameter equals less RPMs per KM.

His speedo will read 100, actual speed will be 107.9 (according to Derek's chart), if that is what you are meaning Rob :). Mine is the same way, only with the 31s I am off by 9% and the 33s, 16%.

Archived