• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Again, WHY would I want a Nissan? ;)

TRUXterra

lol, this is another reason I'd never own a Jeep. This window trim logo is the cheesiest of cheese IMO. I just noticed it yesterday on my brother's JK. He's owned for ~2 weeks and didn't notice it all until I pointed it out. This pic is from the web, his window is intact ;)

wrangler_crack3_1600-thumb-717x477-11929

Devin is just jealous that Nissan doesn't have any imagination...

So Devin, you getting the 2007 offroad packaged Exterra or what? Give us an update!

Imagination, no, but functionality, yes. Storage bin on the roof , OEM first aid kit, steps built into teh rear bumper to reach the roof...

Haven't had a chance to look at the other X yet. It's going through it's paces (MVI) this week and I was extremely busy over the weekend. Family gathering on Sunday, B-day party for my daughter (18 kids) + usual errands on Saturday. I'm hoping to be able to discuss it this week, once it's MVI'd.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally an update on the 07 Xterra OR exchange...COMPLETE FAIL!!

The good:

Mileage was similar, I have 173k vs. 169k...fine

1 model year newer...fine

Similar OEM equipment...fine

OR has an e-locker from factory...++++

The bad:

Salvage title...don't really care as long as it's repaired right.

The X encountered SMOD (Google it) and they only flushed the tranny...fail

It has more dents & dings than my current ride...fail

Rust is setting in really well...fail

He wants me to pay him $1k to do the exchange...fail

I didn't even bother to take it for a drive! It was taken on trade and he learned about the SMOD after he took possession.

Archived