• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Hi

TJ70JK2013

Hi I'm Tony.

I am a new Jeep owner who off-roaded for the first time last weekend in Saint John (my home town). I live in Dartmouth and am looking for info on places to off-road around in the HRM. Like my ride I am pretty green to all this and am just looking to muddy my tires up a bit. I am still learning the capabilities of my Jeep. So far it's quite a bit better off-road than my last vehicle (Acura RSX Type-S).

Jeep is stock so I'm just looking for dirt road types with some puddles(nothing above the flares) and maybe a bit of rocks to test the 4L.

I'd like to get out this Saturday. Can anyone help me?

post-798-0-58228100-1367415082_thumb.jpg

Pix like that will eventually cost you a motor. Great group in here. Check out www.nsjc.proboards.com as well. These are the two best 4x4 Clubs in the HRM. Nobody will tell you where the wheeling spots are online, but come out for coffee night or a run and you will find them easily enough.

Also, don't wheel alone, but if you do, please post up in the rescue section so we can come and get you.

Welcome to the board! Used to live in Saint John but have never wheeled there. Its a good group here and more than willing to take you off road, if your looking for Saturday take a look at the run being planned in our trail rides section.

Welcome! The 2 club have come together and there is a run in truro tomorrow.

And our meeting is Friday @ 7pm. Feel free to come out and say hi! (Coffee night is not tomorrow since its a meeting week) and keep an eye for upcoming runs.. Which I believe is coming up.

Welcome to the forum :)

If you want to get out this Saturday, Like Democedes & 4x4Mckay said, there is a run that some of us are going on up in Truro.

Details here: http://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/topic/3445-relay-for-life-run-w-nn-nsjc-rescheduled/.

The group from HRM heading up there are meeting at the Elsdale Tim Hortons between 8:00-8:15am to convoy to Truro.

Hey Tony, this is Scott! I didn't even put two and two together when I read your first post. Welcome :)

I won't be out on the trail in the H2 anymore as I have bought the Laplander for that purpose. My H2 is now a daily driver / tow rig. That being said, you're more than welcome to come check it out - it still has all the scars from being in the trails.

While the Laplander is being built I might have to jump in with you a few times and show you the ropes!

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I finally got around to checking this place out. There is tons I need to learn and there seems to be plenty of friendly people on here willing to point, push and pull me in the right direction.

Showing me the ropes would be awesome. We should set something up soon because after last week I got the bug. It was fun being passenger for Sunday River but I must admit driving is way more fun . ;). Maybe we can even get Adam and Troy out for a rip.

I checked out the Laplander pics you posted on your site. Looks like a beast. How close is it to being trail ready?

welcome...I'm in the same boat as you. I met these peeps a few weeks ago, they're super friendly!! I killed my mall-crawler on great day out on a trail, and now I'm hungry for more! I'm gonna try get out for Thursday coffee, and hopefully getting X repaired next week.

welcome...I'm in the same boat as you. I met this bunch a few weeks ago, they're super friendly!! I killed my mall-crawler shortly after that on great day out on a trail, and now I'm hungry for more! I'm gonna try get out for Thursday coffee, and hopefully getting X repaired next week.

Our club meeting is this Friday, so there will not be coffee nite on Thursday this week. You are more than welcome to come out to the meeting Friday though.

Showing me the ropes would be awesome. We should set something up soon because after last week I got the bug. It was fun being passenger for Sunday River but I must admit driving is way more fun . ;). Maybe we can even get Adam and Troy out for a rip.

I checked out the Laplander pics you posted on your site. Looks like a beast. How close is it to being trail ready?

Laplander is nowhere ready - looking into new drive train for it now then comes all the bodywork.

Come out to our meeting on Friday if you can make it - http://www.backcountry4x4club.ca/forums/calendar/event/76-club-meeting-larry-uteck-sobeys/

Why? Is it a "jeep thing"?

No, Any vehicle can suck water through the air intake and hydro lock there engine. Jeeps have there intake up forward where as mine is close to the firewall which may be the reason you hear about it more with jeeps.

Archived