• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Wanted: Handheld CB

Guest FLTLNR

I have a Cobra 75 WX ST but decided not to install it. I have no dash space to put the hand unit. I just picked up a Minden HandHeld unit at an Irving truck stop for $65, it takes 9 AA batteries or it plugs into the lighter receiver in the dash. The advantages of the handheld are that you can take it out of the vehicle plus there's no fussing with getting the antenna tuned properly. Simplicity is always better. :king:

If you want, pm me when you are leaving and ill set something up. Ill toss in a few bucks for your troubles if you require.

No troubles, just as long as you pay for it, I don't want to be stuck with that junk radio. But than again I don't need something small.

Sorry FLTLNR, the Cobra 75 WX ST is going to be a prize at Jeep Jamboree. The Minden handheld I picked up is very basic but it's for use on the trails. I figure there is no reason for me to get an expensive one if I'm just talking with a group out on a run. I can take it out of the vehicle at night or just throw it in the glove compartment. I've seen too many threads by people with tuning issues for their antenna, so I'm good using a starter CB. :king:

Archived