• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2013 Poker run and Mud bog

4x4Mckay

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I may have missed it some place. Is there any word on the trails being run this year?

Buggies are running stuff from Valley Crawl. The other rigs will be running Half Moon (correct way vs. backwards like last year), down International, some new trail over to Clearcut and then out... and maybe running it all back again (skipping International going up).

We are running stock doable trails and the buggy's have their own trails. The ones we pre-ran Sunday your Ford will get some pin stripping but is more than capable of making it through, and there are go-arounds for some of the more difficult sections as well.

I drove my stock HUMMER H2 with the original, showroom BFG A/T tires on it (nearing 85,000 km on them) with little issue.

Came out with pin striping (obviously) and a dented skid plate / rock rail which I attribute to the size (width) and weight of the truck.

hahahaha a lesson i learned the hard way as well im curntly building a skid for my tank ... got most of the dents out of my tank

I can't skid the tank without removing the hitch and I don't think I will be able to get the hitch back on if I remove it so I might just be super cautious about it so I don't remove my rear tow point.. Or I could take it off and just use winch to get out if trouble.. Be nice to keep the rear tow point just incase though.

Yeah Billy and JunderFlunder (joey) both in XJ's without skids are following me.We have a tank skid here I got off the chief but never got on billy's yet!His hitch would have to go too so that will happen latter.......

I hit on 2 occasions, 1 I can avoid with a bypass or just slowing down, the other I forget where it happened

I hit on 2 occasions, 1 I can avoid with a bypass or just slowing down, the other I forget where it happened

Ha Ha! Right on only on 2 occasions.These trails are littered with rocks so you did well.I will help them along but some are unavoidable as there under "water"! Oops!

Archived