• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Un-stallable Car

Guest RobertMcC

I think its a brutal highway in any weather, as I was telling you and Ron. I was going down it for work one day and there was someone driving the wrong way on my side of the highway, just absolutely retarded person.

Now to try for a second hijack. Did you get the turbo from a salvage yard Robert? Was it a good price? I'm wondering If it would be more cost effective than removing mine and cleaning the vanes...

Mine doesn't have a VNT, I still got the older KKK K03-4 like on the older 93-99 1.9 AAZ Diesels, Only replacing it due to the turbo seal is going and im at 400K.

VNT are alot more $$$, I got my turbo from a friend who upgraded. From the last couple turbos I replaced, you need spare hardware sitting around ( just in case ) so visited my friends at Vantage Motors ( where I buy all my parts from ) got new manifold gaskets, studs, downpipe studs, nuts, oil line, gasket etc to mount a new turbo.

Im also doing a intake cleaning and EGR delete.

Hey Rob, anytime you need a part here (Truro) let me know. We (the family) are usually in Halifax at least once a month & my father in-law more frequently and I can save you the drive. We were in Halifax on the 20th for a kids party. That goes for anyone else too. There are some good salvage yards here (Vance Haynes, Blenkhorn's & Maritime Auto parts). If you find something you need, let me know and if the schedule work out, I can bring it along.

Hey Rob, anytime you need a part here (Truro) let me know. We (the family) are usually in Halifax at least once a month & my father in-law more frequently and I can save you the drive. We were in Halifax on the 20th for a kids party. That goes for anyone else too. There are some good salvage yards here (Vance Haynes, Blenkhorn's & Maritime Auto parts). If you find something you need, let me know and if the schedule work out, I can bring it along.

Yeah I have a couple friends that work at the dealership and one usually parts out cars at his place so usually I get first crack at goodies. As they call themselfs Truro Nerds...

Archived