• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Re-Tread Tires

Guest TomWood

• 3 weeks later...

I have an interesting experience with re-treads. In January I was driving from Weymouth to the Airport, during a snow storm. My tires were so bad, I drove up one hill sideways. By the time I got close to Greenwood, I realized that I wouldn't make it if I didn't get new rubber. I pulled into High Country Tire just before closing. I was looking at the Cooper AT3s (which I now have), but the owner suggested I look into the ETS winter tires (retreads) http://www.easterntire.ns.ca/ He was quite willing to sell me the Coopers, but for $520 (4, 245-65-17s installed with tax), he figured I was better served with the real winter tire, the ETS Trailmaster M/S. Back on the highway and in the passing lane all the way to the airport. Most people were travelling at about 50 to 60kph, while I stayed with the big trucks doing 80kph. Great winter tire and excellent price (and very environmentally responsible).

Archived