• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Sweet Tires For sale

Guest TomWood

I don't think these are a bargain at all. That original price is double what they shoudl have cost originally. Unless that meant with the rims. And they are the original Mud Terrains, which I don't think are half the tire that the KM2's are! I bought 4 37" Krawlers with only 10% wear and 4 37" AT2s with no wear for $1,250! And they weren't hot!

I don't think these are a bargain at all. That original price is double what they shoudl have cost originally. Unless that meant with the rims. And they are the original Mud Terrains, which I don't think are half the tire that the KM2's are! I bought 4 37" Krawlers with only 10% wear and 4 37" AT2s with no wear for $1,250! And they weren't hot!

I agree with Eugene. Those aren't worth that. And over $1500 new? Bulls***.Send him an offer of 200, and he can keep his crappy rims. :P

Look at the center of the tires, They are worn more than the sides, where buddy's finger is, especially on the outside two.

With my discount a new set would be around there as well, this is why I post these things because my mind doesnt work the same as people who have been doing this for a long time, to me still a deal but from the sounds of things its a rip off, id like to know when you were quoted 1100 for the km2's?

Look on here...

http://tires.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/light-truck-tires/product/0086833P/bfgoodrich-mud-terrain-km2/0080026/

BFG KM2s - 30"x9.5"-R15:

$235.99 x 4 = $943.96 + $12 (tire tax, $3/tire) = $955.96 + $143.39 (15%HST) = $1099.35

This of course doesn't include new rims or balancing. Just for the tires themselves.

$1510 will get you 35s ;)

Part of that difference in price is for 17" vs 15"

for 35"x12.5"R17 it is still $2019.35, so not THAT big of a step to the 37s then. $1510 for 35s for a 15" rim, now THAT is a big jump in price. $500+ difference - same tire size, different rim sizes.

Tom, if you're gonna get bigger tires, you should find a cheap set of 15" Jeep rims on Kijiji and put them on. It will be cheaper for the tires and make it worth the difference down the road.

To bad 35's wont fit lol, Im either looking at 31's or 245/75/16 or 265/70/16, if I got 15 inch I need new rims as well. More cost for 15's at that point anyways.

Don't bother with 15's they will not fit from my experience. I bought a set of 15 inch rims off of Kijiji and they would not fit.

Don't bother with 15's they will not fit from my experience. I bought a set of 15 inch rims off of Kijiji and they would not fit.

I should amend that, be careful what rims you buy as not all 15" rims will fit, maybe some that are backspaced would but the 1-2" offset will not.

Only aftermaket steel wheels like the Soft 8s fiticon1.png with no problems, a few have used TJ 15 inch wheels but seems most will hit the caliper in front and rub on it

Lifted you can use the same as 16 inch , 15X7 with 4 inch backspacing

I could not get them to fit on mine, I bought a 15" set of Jeep rims(I think from a Cherokee, but it was 2 years ago and hard to remember) and tires for 300$, I was psyched. Until I tried to put them on and it was a no go.

Some will work, but do some research like I didn't before you purchase. I just thought "well they are Jeep rims, they should fit"

Try starting here then...

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/initTireBrands.do

I looked at it last night. Great prices, only problem is they are in the US; Pheonix AZ, Ohio, and somewhere else. I did read they include standard shipping to the 48 continenal states AND Canada though, making it VERY viable. Only problem is brokerage coming across the border. They ship UPS, and they charge stupid brokerage fees. You would have to "self clear" your order through customs and UPS will try to tell you that you can't do that.

To get KM2s at Crappy tire, they are special order. So it wouldn't be that much different than these guys, except maybe delivery time and a bit of paperwork to clear customs.

Brokerage fees are included in the cost of the tires, they charge 50 bucks per tire, have a deal with the borders, so there are no fees or anything needed to be done with customs. Straight to your door, sign and they are yours.

Archived