• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Cherokee Chief Hood and Cowl

Cherokee Chief

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 82Yota said:

Digging up an old thread here butI see that this frame was for sale on NSJC, does anyone know if its still available. I sent geezer a msg, just waiting on a reply

Not this chassis... Darren finally finished it has wheeled it all spring/summer/fall, when in true Cherokee Chief fashion, isn't broken :P !!!

Here is how it turned out...

IMG_20150620_165238.thumb.jpg.5a19d57883

IMG_20150620_165255.thumb.jpg.3391bdda9e

IMG_20150620_165312.thumb.jpg.1e8b30cd21

1 hour ago, 82Yota said:

Oh ok. The one I saw on there looks like its done pretty good too, I wonder how it would hold up to a SBC

The green chassis? That is Andrew Wambolt's ("geezer") old buggy. It had a 4.3 chev in it. He hasn't been on here in a long time, and sometimes pops on to the NSJC forum.

He built the chassis wih Darren for the new Cherokee Chief as well...

I've watched so many folks come to the sport.  Drive beaters, or build super buggies, or just talk SAS, or talk other super builds. 

Stick around a year or three, then disappear never to be seen again.

Ahh, I reminisce!  There were a few years when my kids were young, I was driving a Subaru at least pretending, Anyway that's the usual demise of one's wheelin'!

Archived