• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Zuk

Powerram

Here is something that usually doesn't go with my regular line of lead foot redneck  rigs, but my new trail weapon has a 1.6l , fits in the back of my truck and only seats 2. Here is a teaser pic to keep up suspense lol

IMG_20160626_221956.jpg

OK, here is a pic of the of the  ZUK. I put some time in on this rig, I bought it , then sold it to my buddie, helped him some with it, and now it is coming back to me. Some details, 5.13:1 gears, Lincoln locked rear, stock Jeep YJ springs still sprung under, 1.6L engine , Harley Davidson 44mm screaming Eagle Carburetor,  Plexiglass glass side windows in the cap, AUDI Leather seats, fuel cell, 33"tires, and some other Doo dahs, overall it works pretty good, and fits in the bed of my FORD. I got a few things to do to it to bring it back up to reliable daily driver standards, but plan for this to be my fuel sipper. I also got a complete parts rig I might do something with for just strictly off road use.

IMG_20160626_162421783.jpg

2 hours ago, derekmac said:

That looks wicked Matt!  I love the old Zuks!!

Thanks, it's gonna take some getting used to, my biggest concern is flipping over bsckwards, I came close to flipping backwards In my CJ years ago and said never again, well here it is in all its unstable glory haha

1 hour ago, TomWood said:

Hahahahaha wicked rig man, should be a nice change on the trail. Gonna fit through anything. Havent seen one flip back yet.

Bahahaha, I haven't not fit with my full size trucks yet lol, working in deleting my fender flares and widening the steel panels on the ford so they will just dent, not rip off broken plastic junk. This rig will be a learning curve like my CJ was, looking forward to it, but u Jeep guys and gals won't like my windshield banner bahahaha. It's all in fun

Had it running today, it's what I expected, the last time this was driven , it was mudbogged in a clay pit, and just parked and not cleaned at all. pulled the starter and it was just a hole where the starter came out. Solid clay filled the bell housing. So messed with starters, eventually pulled one off the parts rig I picked up today, it's not a great starter either. Got it to crank and she fired, but engine is noisy and underpowered. Drove it ariund the yard , even though the clutch is packed with mud, not going to make it any worse haha, the body on this little beast is great and still original paint except for the green. I'm going to just sit on it for now, needs all the stuff that mud bothers and going to pull the engine from the parts rig for this one. There are many upgrades, 513 gears, Lincoln locked rear, Jeep yJ springs, Harley Davidson carburetor, and the body and frame is just so nice , no rot at all!! Also the engine is a 1.6L up from the 1.3 and also the parts rig already has a 1.6 also tried the tube doors and Mrs Power Ram Little Power RAM tried the little rig out for size haha

IMG_20160711_125805415.jpg

IMG_20160711_171024187_HDR.jpg

On 28/06/2016 at 3:03 PM, TomWood said:

Hahahahaha wicked rig man, should be a nice change on the trail. Gonna fit through anything. Havent seen one flip back yet.

Cause u haven't seen me drive one yet haha!!

21 minutes ago, Lil'monster said:

Whats the plan for the parts rig when you finish taking what you want

Its just going into the back 40 with the rest of the parts cars/trucks, not really planning anything for it, was going to keep it around till I sell the gray one.

On 12/07/2016 at 6:34 AM, 82Yota said:

Nice! I effin love these zooks. If you ever decide to "upgrade" to 22r let me know, I have some stuff you may be interested in

I dont think I'll change brands in it, it already went from 1.3 to 1.6, and has the adaptor between the engine and trans, also had a Harley carb, that seemed to increase response , once I pull this engine apart and freshen it up that will be good enough for it, with more power comes broken drivetrain components and then needs to be upgraded, my plan is to get it to daily driver status and some exploration cruizes, that way I'll have something good on gas , other than my 454 and 351 engines.

Archived