• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2005 Jeep TJ Rocky Mountain

Nightpath

2005 Jeep TJ Rocky Mountain Edition 
Rust free and low KM 
4.0L 
6 speed standard 
Rear Dana 44 
NP231 transfer case 
4" lift - properly done, not some hockey puck hack job - greasable fittings, longer arms, etc. 
Just replaced all shocks and steering stabilizer 
Soft top, hard top, bikini top 
BF Goodrich TA K02 - 1500km on them (if that) 
Smittybilt front & rear bumpers, headlight / tail light guards and grill 
Transmission skidplate underneath 

Selling because I require something a bit more comfortable to drive, had an operation in my abdomen and I need something else. No other reason to sell, just want to be comfy when I drive to Cape Breton from the Valley. 

It's on Kijiji, I just put a tag of $9400 on it. It's a seriously good conditioned Jeep TJ. I don't wheel hard nor abuse my vehicles. 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1138301443&posted=true&adActivated=true

Video : 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1113382959

It is a good jeep. I just can't drive it.

I had a guy interested in it last night, went off on me today because I didn't have a load of receipts and all the history of the vehicle wrote down. I gave him the VIN, a photo of the ownership papers with odometer reading and the reading Andy's Tire did when they put on the new tires since the odometer stopped working when I pulled the fuse to keep the inside lights off. He told me that red flags were everywhere, then started calling me a scammer, etc. I'm now waiting for him to post on Kijiji that I'm a scammer since he threatened me.

Pretty big sounding guy in texts...I wish he came by to run his mouth and threaten.

Woah, that's why I hate kijiji, iv learned to put as little info in the ad as possible, and only 2, maybe 3 pics. If they are serious they will come look, and then you can talk person to person and be able to go over the vehicle together, 

Haha I modified my ad a bit since his is right above mine. My jeep will sell, of that I have no doubt. It's just some simpleton from Amherst trying to buy his 1st Jeep and going off on a rant because I didn't kiss his anus.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-halifax/jeep-seller-scam/1114166295?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Trying to be objective and not to start an on-line argument: If someone told me they pulled a fuse to keep the interior lights from coming on, (why not use a switch or pull the bulbs,) and the odometer quit, I wouldn't believe it unless I knew the electrical schematics of the vehicle.  However, if I was buying a low mileage classic vehicle where true mileage changes the value of the vehicle, that is important.  Buying a 2005, the mileage is what it is.  Odometer correct not.

With my Scout the odometer only reads up to 99,999.  I don't know if she has 40k, 140k, or 240k.  It has had parts replaced and others rebuilt a few times, leaks a bit of fluids, and it is what it is!

Just my nickels worth!

Eugene, in the TJs it says right in the owner's manual to pull that fuse to disable the dome lights for when the doors are removed. That fuse is specifically for that circuit only. It would have been a coincidence that the odometer would stop working when it was pulled, or somebody was messing about with wiring...

A bit of searching shows that I'm not the only one who has had that problem. A call to the dealership had them tell me that they've seen it before and used to warranty it lickity split, but mine is a few years out of warranty :/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/odometer-reads-88888-a-268404/

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?416702-Odometer-888888

If the wanted me to use a pressure switch or some form of door switch holder they should have included it with the Jeep, not state in the manual to pull Fuse 4 behind the glove box. 

I will add that my job in the CF is as an electronics technician on the aircraft, so I'm well aware of the shenanigans that can occur if going into a job blind. I also have Mitchel On Demand which helps me figure a few things out now and again ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I feel your pain about kijiji. I had my toyota listed for a while trying to trade for another toy and I was offered everything but a toyota. 

Good luck with the sale and Ill spread the word as my cousin is a jeeper and he might be interested.

A lot of idiots have come to see it, I really enjoy the people who want to take it for a test drive and then refuse when I tell them I'm coming with them. Caught 2 young guys whispering over rallying it up the Crystal Falls trail and laughing about it. 

Yep, some real winners out there.

It takes all kinds man. You can pretty much tell if someone is actually interested by the way they write you a reply. 99% of the time if they write something like " R U firm on da price??" then they are just bored people on kijiji and wasting your time. The amount of people that I told to piss off on there Ill probably get a bat to the face when someone recognizes the truck haha 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's a seriously clean TJ!!  It's almost exactly what I'm looking for too.  I have my heart set on a Rubicon though, so not sure if I'd end up being happy with this or not.  I'm quite surprised this hasn't sold yet, since there are soo many rust buckets out there being sold.

Great video too!

People want me to give it to them, I kid you not. It's disgusting. I see rusted, rewelded scrap heaps selling for $5000, with transmissions and so on needed, or worn tires, 1 top and so on, but mine, a clean well working TJ? Nope, apparently it's too good condition for people.

I've had people tell me I'm lying about the condition, it's why I made the video and reposted my Kijiji ad. One guy messaged me just to peel into me about my lies, kept doing it off and on for a few weeks. I signed his number up to the Red Cross for donations and a few churches in the US as a volunteer to spread hte good word.

Archived