• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

pop up camper / toy hauler

e36m3

i would still exceed the tongue weight by a fair bit even with the weight distribution kit. the quad i m getting is 640 lbs with all fluids topped up. then add 2x30 lbs propane i was gonna put.

i think that s gonna be my solution: towing the pop up camper and then attaching a hitch in the rear to tow the quad on a small trailer for when i go to my piece of land until my cabin is built next summer.

Re-configuring a pop-up trailer is an interesting idea, with some potential issues as noted with structural safety and towing stability. And the time and space to build it! Especially if you are only going to use it a few times until your camp is built. I find having a utility trailer that you can haul an ATV, lawn tractor, building supplies (especially lumber), scrap metal to the recyclers, top soil, construction debris to the depot, furniture, etc etc...... with my car. Well, you get the picture! Extremely useful! We came across our trailer by accident, and didn't want it at first. Now we wouldn't go without one! (We have two trailers, the other is a car hauler, and we wouldn't want to go without that one either! But it requires a big truck to haul it, which my brother has.)

if i still had a garage like when i bought my first house, i would just remove the camper of its frame and build the frame from scratch. in 3 years though, i m moving back home and will get something bigger and nicer. here are a couple pics of the ol'garage i had

post-878-0-35484800-1412282804_thumb.jpgpost-878-0-89707800-1412282804_thumb.jpgpost-878-0-30502400-1412282805_thumb.jpg

does he have a pop up camper or utility camper? i dont wanna spend more than 2500$. i'm getting a brand new quad very soon. i dont even know if i'll keep the camper once my cabin is built next year. ask him how much he wants.

i cant bring it there though. i have to go across someone else's property. it s a really remote spot. you cant shove my truck in the trail. you need a quad to get there. we re allowed to camp with tents there until we build something but cant leave a camper there full time. the guy doesnt mind but i m kinda scared it would get burned or vandalized

I don't think I understand what you wrote Jonathon. I didn't know it was legal to sell a property that you can't get to. Not the kind of property I would own! And someone might burn a camper parked there but not vandalize a building? Again, unless I misunderstand what you wrote, not a property I'd want.

right now, we camp on someone's property to go cut wood there. we use a logging road to get to that clearing. after that clearing, the road turns into a quad trail, i could probably fit my truck in 90% of the spots there to get all the way to their hunting camp.

we have to drive roughly 7 km on a logging road to get to that big clearing. once there, its about 1.5 km of a tight trail to get to their cabin. the guy has no issue letting us through his land and us cutting a trail across his lot to ours. we both agreed we wouldnt make the trail wider as wide trails attract a lot of attention and people in trucks could make their way there easily. in total, my camp is gonna be 2 kilometers from the main road.

i dont think a whole lot of people go there, i camped there 8 or 9 times this summer and i only heard 2 trucks and 2 quads on separate occasions plus i met the owner of the land once.

so, yes we have access to our lot but still have to cut the trail to get there... we got the land for super cheap but have a lot of work to turn it into something worth a lot more money

i drove to moncton monday night to pick up the camper. its a 2000 skamper 8 foot box. i ll post pics once i set it up this weekend.

in order to be able to register it, do i need to get it MVI'd here even if the sticker is still good, just like when bringing a car from another province? do i need to put insurance on that thing?

Archived