• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

michelin AT2?

Guest 93grand

I looked at a lot of tires for my Grand and settled on the Cooper AT3 tires with an 88,000km warranty. Very happy with them for trail and street. Check with a Signature Tire dealer for price, probably better than most any brand name tire available. Cooper also makes Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek brands. http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck.aspx

I agree it does, Toyo has better warranty on it, and if you plan to drive on the road a lot more than off, I would take the 105000km warranty. However I am biased to Toyo as I owned a set of the previous versions of the AT's and they never let me down on or off the road. The best thing, go to 1010tires.com and read reviews.

My Dad runs the Michelin AT2 on his work truck (F150 60K+km/yr) he seems to like them. He was a long time LTX m/s user and his only complaint is the AT2 is nosier then the old m/s. They seem a bit less aggressive than a lot of other AT2s in it's class but, if its a tow rig that needs good highway manners and the capability to get out of the occasional grassy field or muddy driveway they would be the ticket

The LTX m&s are alot less agressive for tread pattern, so they would be quieter.

Better on the Highway, Grass and such not so much. What I hauled off the 4runner. At 243$ per tire I said no thanks to replacing them.

I liked them for roads only. They were quiet and last.

Archived