• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Money to burn

Guest FLTLNR

I have an interesting proposal for a few people, figure this is a fast way to get feedback. If possible please try to list parts with part numbers.

So here's the situation:

1) You have a 2013 Jeep Rubicon with 2000kms on it.

2) You have ~2100$ to use on parts.

3) The only requirement is that you invest in side steps/slider combo.

4) You have no intention to lift for quite some time.

5) You would like to increase mpgs (programmer?)

What do you do? What dooooo you doooo?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an interesting proposal for a few people, figure this is a fast way to get feedback. If possible please try to list parts with part numbers.

So here's the situation:

1) You have a 2013 Jeep Rubicon with 2000kms on it.

2) You have ~2100$ to use on parts.

3) The only requirement is that you invest in side steps/slider combo.

4) You have no intention to lift for quite some time.

5) You would like to increase mpgs (programmer?)

What do you do? What dooooo you doooo?

For the programmer:

Call 902 468 5082. Ask to speak to Jer or to Matt. Tell them your story.

For the side steps:

Call 902 221 2733, ask to speak to Scott. Tell him your story.

Well simple, It ain't our money and ain't our vech. So opinions will differ. I personally wouldn't spend it to make it fuel efficient. because its a square box on wheels so how efficient can it get. I would save it for more runs, so you can get better with it.

I have people ask me this ALL the time when it comes to competition shooting, They buy a pistol, then want to spend 2K making it better and on gear, But when it comes down to it, spend it on ammo, because if you cannot hit ****, then what a tricked out pistol gonna do.

lol hmm interesting ideas lol and the hummer dig wasnt directed at anyone in particular lol. like most jeeps they typically never see dirt other than perhaps the overspray from a truck lol.

but yes, i would agree with the gun/ammo analogy.

Oh yeah... I think you will have it lifted before the snow flies again.

Anyone want to bet me a dollar?

You're on, but for $2 ... can't by a coffee with just a loonie ;)

Fltlnr, you could invest in a winch [(Roadtripper) has one for sale] too and maybe a bumper (Scott can help you there too) to put it on too.

i was thinking, since a hi tuck exhaust isnt really worth my time yet since im no crawler, i should move towards swapping out my mopar rails with smittybilt ones that have a step (wife insists on a step) and a stubby bumber that uses the oem fogs /w winch. and in turn i may inquire about roadtripper one.

Chrome dont getcha HOME........ewwwwwwwww..........id say tires ....just my two cents ...

tires arent a major concern as the jeep is new. when the rubber burns off the wheel choice will drive the lift choice

tires arent a major concern as the jeep is new. when the rubber burns off the wheel choice will drive the lift choice

Wise words. The tires that came on your Jeep will serve you well. I would definately not spend the money in this area at this time. You HAVE MTs, not P-rated car tires so you are good in that area.

Archived