• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Money to burn

Guest FLTLNR

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well heres what i think.

-get a winch 500.00

-Front stubby bumper if you plan on running 35" tires or bigger at some point. Rudded ridge 450.00

-A must have is Engine skid which i think is around 150.00 or so from rugged ridge and the evap skid 90.00

-smitty built rock rails with built in step 400.00

this now leaves you with 410 for fuel to wheel for a couple weekends.

these prices are just an estimate but should be close.

IF YOUR GOING TO WHEEL IT----STEEL IT

i was thinking, since a hi tuck exhaust isnt really worth my time yet since im no crawler, i should move towards swapping out my mopar rails with smittybilt ones that have a step (wife insists on a step) and a stubby bumber that uses the oem fogs /w winch. and in turn i may inquire about roadtripper one.

Then you should call Jan (Creepy) on the NSJC board for the bumper. 902-830-4927.

He makes them on a CNC table in Dartmouth and sells them for about 250$. Scott can do the welding and install. You can reach him at 902-221-2733.

Maybe a new exhaust? Magnflow perhaps, and a throttle body spacer? Might be a way to eat up the last $500 and gain a bit of HP or mileage.

Here's the real way to increase the mileage : http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2001-Suzuki-Swift-W0QQAdIdZ472246611

i PM'd creepy, im not too fond of the bumper style, but thanks for the heads up! My biggest concern is oem fogs being reused (that one has the holes but no mounting hardware etc) and d ring mounts. to that end i think i will go with rough country bumper, perhaps with stinger.

The winch is another problem, i would like one from a dealer only because i am using the military to buy these. long story short, i am sub-contracting the parts from CVO via ok tire.

for steps, after talking to CVO about my concerns about mounting bolts, i have decided to go with smittybilt src rail/steps. if possible, i might just use the bullydog tuner as well.

So no offense, but if you have your mind setup to what you want, why ask opinion then?

none taken. and i made my mind up after nearly two pages of responses, and posing these questions to chrysler and CVO at the same time.

Which Rough Country bumper were you looking at?

http://roughcountry.com/jeep-jk-winch-bumper_1054.html

i didnt want to do the hybrid one as im trying to avoid another mud carrier.

I would take the custom Creepy bumper from Jan in a heartbeat over the RC one. He can easily cut out holes for the OEM fogs, just a minor tweek to his pattern. It is similar in shape, but a much better design, based on a warn, iirc. With Scott welding it up, and prepping it for paint you will have a custom work of art on the front of your Jeep that is tough as nails.

x3 on Jan's bumpers. I won't buy name brand aftermarket anymore. On the JK, all Scott has to do to mount the OEM fogs, is to weld 4 little bolts to the inside of the bumper for each light to slide over.

But if you don't like the style, it's a moot point.

Scott also builds combo side steps/rock rails for the JK that far surpass anything you can find in the name brand aftermarket. There is a set on Sharon Burke's JK. She is Jeep'n Mom on the NSJC board.

But if you have a better way to buy, it's a moot point.

I have an almost new Warn VR8000 with brand new plasma rope that I would sell to a board member for 500$.

But if you want to spend more and have another purchase plan all mapped out, it's a moot point.

Post pix when you get yourself all situated. ;)

for the winch, let me work something out. as i dont have alot of "cash" per say.

the rails, and bumper. im sorry if i insulted anyone. but at the end of the day, unless these people can consign via CVO, its out of my controll for now. to that end, i found a setup that i think i will like that requires no welding to the frame etc. again i apologize, but, for me this is the best solution that appeases the wife and does what im looking for. now, today i have a dental appointment, and will be going back to cvo around noon (assuming i dont get held up at dental) to ask them about the possibility of consignment.

yup. did it with my ram for a spray in bed liner. get a quote from cvo (not sure if they will work with anyone else like this).

take that quote to ok tire, they will in turn give you a PO (different quote).

take THAT one to the canex, then return to ok tire and cvo to get the ball rollin.

the main reason they do this is because they arent interested in doing performance stuff. i asked the owner and they had serious issues with fender flares on a jeep, after that they lost interest.

CVO is familiar with Jan and Scott. Ask away, if they will do it, you may just have the best of both worlds. Good luck! No insult taken at all, just trying to point you in the right direction... You know, to get you the most bang for your buck!

Roadtripper: i will talk to wife about generating cash for that winch. I am highly interested.

I just left CVO, i cannot consign any of the parts (ie creepy bumper) as they are not doing this work as a company so to speak and cannot issue part numbers and what not.

So the order is as follows:

Bully.dog gt fir jeep

Smittybilt rails

Rough country bumper/w d rings and pump relocator

lol after i pay for it. might be running into complications right now. just got call from OK tire, they say they need to mark it up 600+$ BEFORE tax for the items i listed (bumper,bullydog,rails)

Archived