• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Hey all im new to the forum

Chuckles

That rockguard looks badass! Where did you have that done, or was it DIY?

I have been considering bedlinering the H2.

Thanks im pumped it turned out so good :D Spent last weekend in the garage with my brothers help we rolled it out sunday evening. It was a relatively painless process haha

You rolled the whole Jeep? How did you prep it?

I read what i wrote and i can see the mix up it should read "We finished up Sunday and rolled her out of the garage" We didn't roll it we sprayed it. For prep I cleaned it took the doors and roof off and some trim. Then went over everything to be sprayed with grease and wax remover, paper and taped the things that i didn't want over spray on. Scuffed all the panels went over it again with the grease and wax remover wiped it down a few times and she was ready for a makeover lol

That's your typical prep when it comes to pain, did that for two months in a body shop in the valley. All I did was prep the cars for the painter. Was able to get 3-4 cars a day through the paint booth back then before I went back to school.

FYI 1000th post. Booyah.

Well a finish like this ain't like your sanding down high spots and making it smooth and worrying about the outcome, more like scuffing it up so the liner can stick.

True enough Rob. Doesn't change the fact that I hate sanding though.

Wanna sand / prep / paint the H2 for me? :)

Archived