• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

August 2012 Club Run

Guest Eastcoastcam

Have a guy with a Dodge RAM running 20 inch rims with wrangler territorys on em, dont think he has skid plates but wants to get off roading, told him Id be his spotter/winch wench if he wanted to run this trail. Think he would be able to make it through?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What year Ram? Their bumpers (at least the faring under the bumper) and sidesteps hang rather low (ask me how I know ;) ). Mine was an 07 Megacab, I had the advantage of a solid front axle and a higher stance than a regular quad cab. Is his truck a Power Wagon (with the factory winch)? If it is that model, he will have no problems.

There is places where pinstriping is inevitable too.

Just make sure he is aware there is the possiblity of damage and he is there at HIS OWN risk and responsibility. His long wheelbase may get him hung up in some spots. There are intersecting roads to get out if the trail proves to be too much for his rig in the first half, but in the second half, it is ALL trail, with some rocky sections, a little tougher than the rock garden in the Range, but easier than some of the rock gardens on Clearcut & International.

Nice, I will make sure, I did inform him that the bottom of his rig will make contact, will mention the high centering. He has off roaded before down in Yarmouth but had a Lifted Jeep. I have told him he needs to login and post on here :), that reminds me how did the reg cab Ram do on the trails?

Archived