• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

August 2012 Club Run

Guest Eastcoastcam

Due to our scheduled club run for August conflicting with HillBillie Bash, it is being moved back a week to August 25-26 weekend. Please vote on the poll to give the best possible time. The most votes by 6:00pm Tuesday, August 14th will determine the date/time. I have a few trails in mind, so trail to be TBA. Meeting point will be posted Tuesday with date/time. Trails will be stock doable.

*EDIT* I am leaving the poll open til tonight when I get home from soccer (around 8:00pm Wednesday) :) would like to see a few more votes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you say the trail rating is for stock doable?

Basically up to a level 6 would be "stock doable". You will get through it. You will get some "pinstripes" in your clearcoat from the tree branches. You might need help getting through some spots or there would be a bypass for stock rigs.

What would you say the trail rating is for stock doable?

Basically up to a level 6 would be "stock doable". You will get through it. You will get some "pinstripes" in your clearcoat from the tree branches. You might need help getting through some spots or there would be a bypass for stock rigs.

You may need a tug on the strap here and there (maybe) and you may bump the underside as well.

I said "doable" over "friendly" because it won't be just a drive down a dirt road ;) !

...unless it rains a bunch!!

I'll just be getting back on the 26th.. So Ill be out, Coming back from Ontario.

As for stock friendly, nothing is, Just need to know your rig and its limits, If I can, anyone can lol ( Clear cut for example ) If you don't mind being tugged around a bit.

I'm not afraid of the dark - I just know that we have another night run scheduled already :)

That is tentative for October @ Burnt Lake, but not decided for sure. I would rather run at night in August, than October. Especially better if it is hot the weekend of the 25-26th, it will be cooler in the night. That`s another reason I put it out there.

I'll just be getting back on the 26th.. So Ill be out, Coming back from Ontario.

As for stock friendly, nothing is, Just need to know your rig and its limits, If I can, anyone can lol ( Clear cut for example ) If you don't mind being tugged around a bit.

I must say you did pretty good considering how your truck was sitting(bushbar that is)

it doesn't matter to me when we go, i should still be able to make it out. :biggthumpup:

So even though there is more votes on the poll for a Sunday DAY run, due to my boys both involved in two different soccer tournaments Friday to Sunday, our run will be a SATURDAY NIGHT run.

So Saturday, August 25th, 7:00pm at the Downsview Tim Hortons (by Staples & Doolie's) in Sackville.

Leave for the trailhead at 7:30pm.

A few of us are going to prerun it on the weekend to make sure it is all passable and stock doable ;) !!

Don't break your rigs at the Bash. Have fun & see you next Saturday night!!

Well, Daren, Dave & I preran the trail today for next weekend. It will be stock DOABLE, but not necessarily friendly. There are a few rocky sections that could pose problems for small tires. I ran it with my 31s and didn't really have any problems, but I make no promises with to anyone with smaller tires, I will leave that up to you.

Remember that front AND rear tow points are highly recommended just in case you need a tug here and there.

Including a few stops, 3 of us stuck at once (we're not going that way though ;) ), and stopping to cook/have lunch, we were out of the woods in approx 4 hours. I expect it to be about 6hrs with more rigs. That 4hrs included driving to the trailhead from Sackville.

I'll post up a few teaser pics later tonight.

A few teaser pics from our pre-run today...

post-480-0-86035100-1345428710_thumb.jpg

You can try this if you want to ;)

post-480-0-81809600-1345427913_thumb.jpg

...But we went this way, after the boys went catching frogs...

post-480-0-60689800-1345427991_thumb.jpg

post-480-0-38771400-1345429276_thumb.jpg

Some rocks... There's actually lots more too!! :D

post-480-0-54440500-1345428186_thumb.jpg

... and Cameron got stuck... where's my strap!!

post-480-0-21504300-1345428267_thumb.jpg

I think it may be a cool idea to have a campfire on the rocks over Nixon's Hole (no, we won't be driving though it!!). Roast some marshmellows and/or hot dogs. It's near half way through and a great spot. Bring a lawn chair with you, the rocks are hard seats, and hope it's not raining!!

Archived