• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Vacation, BC, BC forum withdrawal, M.U.D.

sar4x4

I am going on VACATION!  First long, real vacation in well, ever in recent memory!

We are going to BC (British California) Aug. 16th, and returning Sept. 3rd.  Sticking to the Island and the coast, no proximity to forest fires.

I probably won't monitor this site as much as I do now,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. so I will go into BC (BackCountry) withdrawal,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

We will schedule M.U.D. upon my successful return!  Decals are printed, I picked up a second door one for myself..........

Definitely, they have a peak to peak gondola at the top of Whistler which I hear is amazing. Its too much for my heights fear but definitely good to hit. Grouse Mountain Gondola is another one with a view of downtown Vancouver. 

Also depending on what your feeling for food Spicy 6 Indian is definitely a spot to check out, and The Cactus Club which is right beside the Olympic Torch downtown. 

Thanks Tom, good Intel.

I'm HOPING to get to the Back Country Binders 4x4 store in Bremerton, next door to Seattle when we're down there.  I have some of their stuff.

(Oh, and 'Binders' stands for 'corn binders', a nickname for International vehicles, as in Scout II and LOTS of others.  Nicknamed 'Corn binders' for the International Harvestor farm implement heritage, lol, for you young city slickers.)

AND an IH (that's International Harvester) Super Show Aug 26 in Chilliwack.  Lots of US trucks come up to that.  :-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 2:31 AM, TomWood said:

Definitely, they have a peak to peak gondola at the top of Whistler which I hear is amazing. Its too much for my heights fear but definitely good to hit. Grouse Mountain Gondola is another one with a view of downtown Vancouver. 

Also depending on what your feeling for food Spicy 6 Indian is definitely a spot to check out, and The Cactus Club which is right beside the Olympic Torch downtown. 

I'll take note of this as well. It might come in handy in my family's future trips.

I'm back!!  And with a small goodie....

Didn't get to stop in at Back Country Binders store.

Got to a small truck show.  Pics on a camera, post later.

Got to North Shore Off Road store. They are iconic in BC.  So always have to pick up something....

IMG_3724.thumb.JPG.e9c13ad58712e03e2e5ade0c14498371.JPG

IMG_3725.thumb.JPG.09c90787953383e4b5885eb570fd7c55.JPG

IMG_3727.thumb.JPG.9dc67fed07704a4fc2685ad5abddd7ee.JPG

Store pics on camera.

Next trip, I will try to get to 4WheelParts in Langley.  It's much bigger!

Archived