• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Range?

ram5.9

Home safe and sound. We ran beaver bank rd, through muck hole up to grand daddy hill and played a bit at horse power hill. A lot of new road construction. Great day until we came out, I had a litte problem with my wheel. Just a very lucky reminder to check your rig before and after a each run.

Got a video of Sam making that muck hole look easy. I tried to upload, says I don't have permission to or something . I will try again later.

Summary:

Started the day at the entrance to renfrew aka the second day of the mud run where the big mud hole was, myself and JJ made it through no problem, althouh it was pin it and hold on.

Some very fun bits of trail in that area. Made it to the top of the rocky part of granddaddy?? Hill. Tricky with wet tires!! Some more fun times in mud and some water. Called it a day after horsepower hill.

Said goodbye and started down the road but almost right away I noticed behind me JJ was pulling over, not knowing what was going on I continued to slow down, I seen smoke and then all of a sudden a nice big 37" tire shot up 50 or so feet.....

DSC_0241.jpg

free image host

The lug nuts all sheared off and the brake rotor stopped the truck although it had ground down an impressive flat spot.... Luckily with some wood and three different jacks we got the wheel bolted back on and limped her home!!! Scary ****!

Its really too bad there werent more people that came along with us, or more trail to have been run today, anyway I had fun, JJ was a good guide and spotter!! However it was a great time today, really quite surprised that I went through that hole without losing any momentum, and making it up the rocky face of granddaddy hill as i almost didnt make it, sure is tricky to wheel in the wet, most of my wheeling has been in dry conditions or winter..

Anyway had a blast! Can't wait to see your video JJ!

The boys got a bronze (3rd place) at Provincials for soccer and then yesterday the team went Tidal Bore rafting for their year end party. I ended up ferrying folks in with the Jeep, as their road in was a big mud track from a few good downpours Sunday night and early Monday morning B) ! At least I got to wheel a little bit, sort of :P !

The boys got a bronze (3rd place) at Provincials for soccer and then yesterday the team went Tidal Bore rafting for their year end party. I ended up ferrying folks in with the Jeep, as their road in was a big mud track from a few good downpours Sunday night and early Monday morning B) ! At least I got to wheel a little bit, sort of :P !

I know that road James...I ran it in the Corolla on winter tires and I passed a 1/2 ton that was burried!

Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you this weekend. Had a few family events pop up that were not expected. Thankfully, everyone is doing well, and it didn't involve the people in my house!

Little busy, replacing a rotor, 8 wheel studs and two wheel bearing. Truck will be ready to go by the end of the evening. I took everything apart last night, just need to install them now.

Sam's video

Sam did you get any video?

Archived