• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Tire sidewall repair

SQRLPWR

They can be repaired (vulcanized), but they won't pass safety, and you might have a hard time finding a place that will do it. I have small slices in my tires, but not near as bad as that. If you can, as Eugene said, make that your spare tire.

Legally, I'm not sure that a tire shop can repair a sidewall - as Derek said, I've not come across one that will do it.

Get some rubber cement and seal it up and then relegate it to spare duty. Generally, it's still fine for a trail spare, but not safe for highway.

Sorry about your tire if it was a 32x15 I have 4 but one has a sidewall leak.

i have a dumb question here.

you guys are all talking inchs i figure. the 32 be outside rubber diameter and 15 being the rim?

Scott,are u trying to sell these?

Yes, I have not posted yet because I need to get them off the wheels they are on (wheels not for sale).

They are 315/70-17, roughly 35". Four of them are low on tread, but would make excellent trail spares. One is brand new - has never touched pavement.

Archived