• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

XJ Rock rails

Nightpath

Just had my 2 hernia surgeries so ive been sittingaround thinking about an xj that has a rotten rocker.

Can someone school me on rock rails? Id like to make a plan of attack to get the jeep safetied but would rather spend money right out the box to make it a decent intermediate wheeler.

Probably look at changing the headligts to round ones too, i love the look.

Yeah, if I go the XJ route, which is looking like a go, rock rails and a lift should be first. I saw on the NSJC a guy with a XJ with a used 4" lift, if I can score that I think it's a good place to start. Need to do this on a budget just in case the unforseen happens...need to save a few bucks.

Randal, have you talked to Alan Justason about fabricating rails for you? He did mine on the Grand (2"x 4" rails with 1.5" pipe outriggers) The outriggers are great for using a Hi-Lift because the jack is away from the body panels and it gives more side protection from rocks and stumps. I don't discuss someone's fab costs but it was a lot less money than the little Mopar rails from the dealer, and a lot stronger, IMO.

Archived