• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Tire Size

RobSinclair

Does anyone want to offer an opinion on my tires? I have a 4th generation 4Runner and I have ordered a 3" front 2" rear spacer lift. I want as much ground clearance as possible. I would love to squeeze 33.5" Toyo Open Countrys on her. If people are fitting 33" 11.2" wide do people think I could fit 33.5" 10.2" wide? I'm going to get new wheels as well. As close to 0 offset as possible would be best I think.

Does anyone want to offer an opinion on my tires? I have a 4th generation 4Runner and I have ordered a 3" front 2" rear spacer lift. I want as much ground clearance as possible. I would love to squeeze 33.5" Toyo Open Countrys on her. If people are fitting 33" 11.2" wide do people think I could fit 33.5" 10.2" wide? I'm going to get new wheels as well. As close to 0 offset as possible would be best I think.

Width isn't the problem. Its the height when comes to the newer 4runners. You shouldn't have issues with 10.2 considering you got 10.4" on them now. Guess you have to check a couple 4runner forums and see what others are squeezing under. I know I'm close to the back fender and front bumper, any bigger, out comes the grinder.

Tires of any particular size vary from brand to brand and model to model. When I changed the wheels and tires on my WK, I had to do some homework to ensure that everything would fit. I did have a little scuffing at full turn in the front but nothing serious. I went to wider rims with a different offset and a very different backspace and my tires were over 2" taller and about an 1" wider. I used this diagram to help me figure things out.

post-690-0-96298200-1371894697_thumb.gif

Toyo doesn't make a 33 in 17" wheel :(

Yes they do...They may cost more, because they will probably be a special order in that size, but they do have them.

Also the same sizes in the Open Country MTs but actual measurements are slightly bigger, only because of the extra-deep treads compared to the AT2s I would imagine.

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes James, telling someone what you think they should have done after the fact is a douchey thing to do. :)

I did go to local suppliers before ordering from the US. I spent a good hour in the APJ office trying to find something that would work. We couldn't find anything.

So if you can show me where to buy a Cornfed 3/2 lift for a 2007 4Runner with Xreas suspension in NS I will go buy it tomorrow.

I wasn't trying or meaning to sound like a prick. I was not aware of your time at APJ looking for something with them. What is "douchy" is the fact it took lodging a complaint with Visa to get him to ship your parts, then only shipping half. I hope you get your parts soon so you can get to installing it all.

Sometimes James, telling someone what you think they should have done after the fact is a douchey thing to do. :)

I did go to local suppliers before ordering from the US. I spent a good hour in the APJ office trying to find something that would work. We couldn't find anything.

So if you can show me where to buy a Cornfed 3/2 lift for a 2007 4Runner with Xreas suspension in NS I will go buy it tomorrow.

Sometimes I buy from a US supplier and hope for the best, and have to pay customs and shipping and blah blah blah. Never had a big problem yet. However, if you can find a US manufacturer/source and want to have a 'local' source buy it and carry the risk and handle the shipping/customs/brokerage, I more often than not just tell National 4WD / 4 Wheel Parts in Fredericton what I want and from whom and they handle it all. I get a call from Armour transport that it has arrived in Burnside. Besides what Fredericton will suggest as parts, I've bought Off Road Design stuff through them and other stuff, as well as even a small repair part for our Hi-Lift Jack that I couldn't get through Hi-Lift's e-bay store. ( I never have luck with e-bay because if I have a question the seller doesn't answer it then flags me as a no-pay.) Works for me! Been buying stuff through them for 10 years. Probably over $10k worth at this time!

Archived