• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Hey guys just another intro

WinterRider4x4

Another Valley rig, this is great. Welcome. Robert mentioned the AGM on March 9th. Any info on place and time, I'd like to plan on coming up for it, it's a 3 hour run but I might be able to convince my wife and son that we should get some culture, or at least a fun day out.

Another Valley rig, this is great. Welcome. Robert mentioned the AGM on March 9th. Any info on place and time, I'd like to plan on coming up for it, it's a 3 hour run but I might be able to convince my wife and son that we should get some culture, or at least a fun day out.

Saturday March 9th @ 1:00pm. It is at the new Sobeys at Larry Uteck Blvd, just off of the 102.

"I've gotten really good at welding and mostly can do anything trade wise" hahah coming from an electrician! Come erect steel with me for a day or two! Im just kidding, don't take it to heart I like to poke fun some times.

Welcome to the club, maybe on my time off I will come down and go out wheeling with ya, there is a case of beer or a bottle in it for you if you show me a bit of vehicle wiring!

Sam

Sounds like a sweet deal I've gotten pretty good at that too lol but the hardest part about vehicles is finding a good hole in firewall for your switches in the cab and no thank you about erecting steel sounds fun and all but ill leave it or you ;) lol and I tinker in most things with the old man trade wise but arnt electricians "Jacks Of All Trades" lol jk every trades person is best at what they do its just I grew up doing mechanics carpentry "small scale tables trunks etc" and welding but I'd love to go I wish I knew some trails wih premission down here

Yeah except the millwrights they think they know how to do everyone's job, anyways when I get my new add ons and parts in the spring if you would be willing to trade some know how and time for a little bit of money or food or liquor I would really appreciate it, another has already offered to help as well so no committment necessary, anyways yeah welcome to the club dude hope to see you at the AGM in march!

Sam

Haha well another thing guys I'm in the market for a winch some time soon when I get some cash any one have a 8000lb winch or bigger forsale

Princess auto has them on sale for apprx 400-500$ and they have the hitch mountable one too.

Yeah except the millwrights they think they know how to do everyone's job, anyways when I get my new add ons and parts in the spring if you would be willing to trade some know how and time for a little bit of money or food or liquor I would really appreciate it, another has already offered to help as well so no committment necessary, anyways yeah welcome to the club dude hope to see you at the AGM in march!

Sam

Mean welcome to the site?

Haha well another thing guys I'm in the market for a winch some time soon when I get some cash any one have a 8000lb winch or bigger forsale

There are more mods you need to do before you can mount a winch on there. It is not just a simple "buy it and bolt it on" addition for your truck.

There are more mods you need to do before you can mount a winch on there. It is not just a simple "buy it and bolt it on" addition for your truck.

Agreed, you need brackets that will support the tugging force of the winch, bolted to stock bumper would lead into injuries. 8000lb winch on a 3500-5000lb hitch will be the same ( dangerous )

And if you're looking for winches, check with Peck's in Digby 245-5858, Tracy Peck and Jason Riley are both serious wheelers and they've got some of the best prices and great service. Just recently, someone on the NSJC forum was looking at the 8000# Warn that was on sale at PA and Peck's regular price was better. If you're in the Valley, they also install what they sell. There are other spots to check in HRM as well, CVO, APJ, and Steeles Chrysler (Jeep stuff). Just FYI.

Archived