• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Hey guys just another intro

WinterRider4x4

Im not sure if your truck is a 5 speed or auto. But I know with a programmer It alters your shift points in your automatic transmission, that's where you really feel the difference. Not saying it wont make a difference for a manual because it also alters fuel and timing..etc, but you probably won't feel as much of a difference as you would a automatic. As for a throttle body spacer, I found the only thing it did for me (08 ranger 4x4 4.0 ) was make the intake louder. Not a big noticeable difference IMO

One thing I will recommend if you do get a programmer, go with superchips. They work very well, and are a reasonable price compared to other brands. Also, I would recommend a ultraguage They are about 100 bucks shipped to your door and the gauge plugs into your OBD2 port and it reads everything, it will tell you MPG,Intake temps, distance until empty, it doubles as a scan gauge too, I think there is like 40 some gauges all in one unit. You can even set alarms to say if your water coolant temp got to hot, or intake temps went though the roof etc. I have one on my Cobalt SS|SC and love it. I also used it on my ranger before i smashed it.

Sorry for the long post!

Sweet I was just looking for some stuff to tune er up and give a little power it's 4.3 auto , I couldn't find anything for super chips what's another good brand or any links for it ? There's a lot of brands I've never herd of

Ha hopefully it's a10000lb vehicle weight strap from princess auto breaking strength of I think it was 19000lb a long time ago I got it but I went over kill on the metal so if somthing breaks its the strap not the hooks so its not as dangerous just strap flying no half hooks lol

Is the pin providing a weak point that may cause flying metal James?

Same pins that goes on Safety chains for trailers, so designed to keep trailers from running away, if the trailer should detach from the hitch. But metal is metal and can break and also go flying with force. Not really meant for contuinious tugging.

Ok guys I got some money and I've been looking for a truck like this since I can remember same as a 80s camaro lol anyways I came acrossed this up the road forms me yesterday and he wants2500$ for it he's been around for ever and my grandparents say he is the one and only Owner lol so tell me what you think here's the link http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1984-Chevrolet-C-K-Pickup-1500-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ458989474 I really want it lol reply ASAP lol with opinions, please and thank you ;)

post-761-0-43207700-1361672588_thumb.jpg

Ok guys I got some money and I've been looking for a truck like this since I can remember same as a 80s camaro lol anyways I came acrossed this up the road forms me yesterday and he wants2500$ for it he's been around for ever and my grandparents say he is the one and only Owner lol so tell me what you think here's the link http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1984-Chevrolet-C-K-Pickup-1500-Pickup-Truck-W0QQAdIdZ458989474 I really want it lol reply ASAP lol with opinions, please and thank you ;)

Well it's a Chevy so don't do it!!!

But he does want to much for it, $1500 max it's not old enough to be worth more. It's been wheeled and its only has a body lift. But if you can pick it up cheap enough it would be nice to have another old full size out on the trail.

The old chevy's are not a bad truck, Be prepared to pay out the hole for fuel tho. My old man had the mate to that truck, and his 6.6 duramax get's twice the fuel mileage old blue got. If you go and look at it make sure to check the cab mounts, cross members, frame etc. Also make sure to check around the windshield and the rocker sills. I see the door is not sitting flush with the cab corner on one side, make sure to check that out...could be something simple as door pins..who knows. If I were to buy that truck, I wouldn't go a penny higher than 1800. But that's me. Good luck to whatever you do!

If its got a inspection and working 4x4 they slap 2000$ on it at least anyways I went and looked at it it's in great shape best up front it needs a little sheet metal in box

And floor inside I offered 2000$ if he throws in tailgate and bench seat but it comes with 3 new 33"x12.5"r15 trail diggers plus the spare I don't know what brand but it is same size mud terrain of some type he also showed me the log of the engine rebuild he used to work for napa in newminas and that's who did it its really good shape besides the dent in right rear but ill dive it for a couple days then

Ill start work if I get it sounds good to you guys I love this thing it's got some special type of carb quatrojet or somthing but he said it beats elderbrock lol so anyways hope some one has sheet metal for sale lol I think you guys are the best by the way very helpful group and I'm glad I found you :)

Archived