• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

M.U.D. Run 2016 Decal

SQRLPWR

M.U.D. Run decal poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which decal do you want on your rig

• v0
    • V1.0
    • V1.1
    • V1.2
    • V1.3
    • V1.4
    • V1.5
    • V1.6
    • V1
    • V1.7
    • V1.8
    • v1.9
    • v1.10
    • v1.11
    • v1.12
    • v1.13

I'm not smart enough to do these types of things, but have good ideas sometimes, for example what about adding in a second pic , for example the 1.13, there is a big space on the top left, what about adding a pic of the campsite from the 1.12 that fades the edges out into the main pic, example using a couple of pics , again don't have the talent or know how to do this but I'll use my pic as an example, my truck, and space #1 have a pic of the Jeep's and the lake, and space #2 have the campsite and that still leaves room around the pic for the number and event details, or incorporate it into a shape like you have done in the other examples, doesn't have to be my truck, that was just available to put my idea across. Anyway looks good so far, I'll be happy just to be able to attend the event so I can have a sticker of any config.

IMG_20160724_225627.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

And we don't know what a pic reproduces like on a decal, or it's best to just a few solid colours.............  But we will find out!

I used to work in a decal shop depending on what you have for a machine and what you're using for materials it comes out just like a picture

Just now, Powerram said:

I used to work in a decal shop depending on what you have for a machine and what you're using for materials it comes out just like a picture

But the the machine we used was $20,000 and the program in 1000 of dollars as well

previous 'run' decals were multi-layered hand cut vinyl decals limited to just a few colours.

I'm assuming we're going to use the same supplier as the club logo, so we can use more than 3 or 4 colours? - they seem to be holding up pretty well with the sun and dirt.

• 1 month later...

I find the photo part has poor detail / colours.  Is that on purpose, or is it my computers, or a function of png, though I haven't run into that before, etc.  I opened them on my desktop, laptop, and iPhone.  Same whether viewed in the thread or from the zip file.

Thx.

16 minutes ago, sar4x4 said:

Oh, there is one I get really good resolution on, v.14.  If that helps explain anything!

Actually that just muddies the waters (pun intended) :)

v1.14 is slightly lower resolution than the images in the ZIP - so IDK :)

You have the vector now, so you can vinyl wrap the 'Burban if you so desire :)

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Archived