• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

run this weekend?

e36m3

Anyone feeling like running Alps in Porters Lake this afternoon? Its a really easy trail but should be fun with the snow. I went to the entrance and the snow isn't too deep there

Air down or go home! :P

bwahaahaa, this made me LOL

I do not like wheeling at this time of year so I stay home. If you don't drop through the crust, you slide into a tree! Too much ice & melting snow especially in the area of large puddles.

This goes back to 94 - 95 when we drove into a camp with no issues (about an hour) and it took more than 4 hours to get out. Had a Full sized Blazer fall though 4-5" of ice in the middle of a water hole that was about 2 - 2.5' deep and roughly 20' long. It was 1*C when we went in that morning; 10*C when we left late afternoon.

Dave's truck ( Densy92 ) is a lot heavier than mine. I was tearing the trail and he was punching through everything. Better chose to turn around when its still close than both of us get stuck deep in the bush. I honestly dont think airing would've helped today

Airing down would have helped you get further into the woods with potentially more difficult recovery situations ;) The snow in tree covered areas is still really, really soft!

I was helping my uncle tap trees on Saturday for 3-4 hours. I was wearing snowshoes and I was sinking 3 - 4" into the snow in areas covered by Evergreens.

Archived