• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

2012 sahara unlimited

Mudkips

http://www.kentvillechrysler.com/tradein-form.htm?vehicleId=bff2b1160a0a00b50a8df676ef5ad124

Just went and test drove this. It felt like it was far too wobbly and unbalanced. IT has a 5" lift with 35" tires. Im thinking maybe a bit too much. Im hoping for some input from you pros. I wad thinking tye vest for trails and stability would be a 3.5" lift with 31" tires? Please pm me or reply here and let me know. The vehicle was beautiful I hope im not missing out on a great deal. But i wasnt completely hooked on it during the test drive.

Don't JK's come with a 32" tire from the factory now anyway?

The JKs I've driven with similar lift and same or larger tire size were not wobbly / unbalanced. I would check out the tire inflation, shocks (suspension in general), and be sure it has the sway bars connected.

Its going for 29,000. I am thinking of buying it this weekend. I was talking to one lady with a jacked jeep saying the guy may have only got a body lift not a suspension lift and that could cause the sway. What does jk stand for?

I'd argue that the lift is ruining the ride quality and demand it for less, especially if it's a body lift. IMO I wouldn't do a body lift above 1-2" at the max. Under inflated tires could cause it to feel wobbly too, but so can a few bad ball joints/suspension parts and such if it was wheeled hard. If the springs are "stretched" (shocks too) from a body lift then they also aren't giving the proper support and can give a loose feeling (drove in a lifted ZJ that felt like a soup sandwich because he did a crappy body lift and had old springs and shocks).

Have to remember that any tires a few inches above stock will totally change the feel of the vehicle.

Looks like a nice Jeep though, I'd rock it ;)

should look at the 2010 ruby unlimited for 6 k less:) that is where my money would go between the 2 of them

http://www.kentvillechrysler.com/used/Jeep/2010-Jeep-Wrangler+Unlimited-62fe709f0a0a00b578ba603f74200cc2.htm

Didnt even see that one there. Im heading back tomorrow to take another look.

I did stop and take a look at it tonight, used the headlights of the car :) Looks decent enough, the lift in it is a Rough Country X lift, full suspension and not body, everything seemed tight in the front of it and looked fine, didn't see any abnormal parts. Checked the rear and again it looked decent and everything was tight, with Rough Country there are a few people on here who are not fans, have had to replace 90% of the lift within a year and ran into issues. Then there is other people who have had them since day 1 and no issues. Tires looked good, wobbly could be caused by an alignment issue or something I missed, has skids on every part except the engine, looks like evap, gas tank and transfer case.

Looked like this kit on it:

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_4flex.html

What does jk stand for?

"Just Kidding" :P!!! ;)

If it seems loose while driving it could be a number of small things. It has 50k kms on it, how many since the lift? Did it have an alignment after the lift was installed? Was it wheeled hard?

Look at the tires, are they brand new? If not are they worn evenly? It will show if out for any length of time. Look underneath. Are the skid plates well used? Hard wheeling will tell a tale there if they are scratched and dented all to ****. Rough Country lifts are known for their Control arm bushings to go, and the shocks not to last. Not a deal breaker, but definitely a bargaining chip in your favour on price. A stock Jeep is worth more on a used lot than a built one.

Well the girlfriend trumped me. Haha. Looks like im going to trade in for a beater can offroad for a few years without going bankruot. So now im going ti look for something under 10 grand if that is feasible. Thanks again guys if it isnt triuble ill be posting more questions in the near future. I will guarantee im going ti be offroading before the end of the season.

Well the girlfriend trumped me. Haha. Looks like im going to trade in for a beater can offroad for a few years without going bankruot. So now im going ti look for something under 10 grand if that is feasible. Thanks again guys if it isnt triuble ill be posting more questions in the near future. I will guarantee im going ti be offroading before the end of the season.

Here is a TJ, local to you. (kind of across the road from the Kinston Superstore, I think...)

http://nsjc.proboards.com/thread/45124/99-tj-sale?page=1&scrollTo=396692

B)

Thank you jeepin. I was asking around if anybody off roads at my unit

Turns out the former president of nsjc works in the same building as me. Showed me the same jeep. Trying to get in touch with the owner.

Archived