• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

CRC

FLTLNR

Ok, so in my quest to find a decent lift kit that:

a) doesnt use spacers

B) isnt over 3"

c) doesnt break the bank

I have come accross this little gem.

i need thoughts and opinions on this piece of kit

actually, priced at appx 500$ for crc.

and i want to stay at 3 and under due to driveline issues on the 12+ jk. dont want to get into swapping driveshafts and what not

to that end, i am looking at:

teraflex:

3" elite long arm

3" prerunner (which is teamed with MOPAR)

full traction

3" long arm SRS

BDS

3" (with every upgrade they offer)

Rock Krawler

2.5" X Factor (possibly with fox bypass shocks added on)

Suggestions on kits welcome as well

Shipping for that CRC thing would add to the cost, as it is probably from California.

So you don't want to break the bank, but you are looking at some of the most expensive kits out there, with all their upgrades?

Have you looked at Rock Crawler Suspensions? They are supposed to be a good one as well.

Are you planning on installing any of these kits yourself, or have it done at a shop?

i looked a rock crawler, (i have a tab with all of these companies listed open as we speak) they appear to have 2.5" and 3.5", both appear to require alot more cutting/welding than i am comfortable with.

also, i understand that these are more of the "top of the line" but i am using them as a starting point (no comprimise). I figure as well, if i spend the bigger money now, i wont have to when it comes to replace/repair. appx 3000$ isnt outragious in my mind if its invested well. Its when i have to start adding, and adding, etc that it gets costly.

I will "attempt" to self install, provided they arent toooooooooo complicated. Itll be done at that windsor park auto club if i do. hence the lack of cut/weld interest.

that said, if the mopar kit ends up being warranted by mopar proper, i may just bite it and get them to install.

They are Canadian and they reflect the duty and whatnot that is applied to them when bringing parts in.

Northridge is excellent to deal with - call them and ask for the club price.

Also should check out CVO - they are local and can get anything you want for your JKU.

lol of that i am aware. i would rather get all of the mechanical done before i worry about wheels. when the treads are shot on the set i have now, it will make more sense to swap then

TeraFlex or ClaytonOffroad is nice stuff and highly recommmended on US forums.The "Old Man Emu" lifts are supposed to be very good as well but pricey for what they include which sometimes is only shocks and coils! Can't go wrong with TeraFlex.JustJusts.com in Ont check there site out as well they have alot of inventory and brands and ships east....... :biggthumpup:

My opinion on that.. Looks cool, has a great idea, and added protection.. But correct me if I'm wrong.. It's for pre-runners, people who are racing through the dunes at 80mph, the kind of wheeling we do is slower paced, and your axle will only move small amounts from side to side. And the spherical bushings in our climate I don't think would last too long.

Well, Peck's is a given where I live and wheel. They're not really local to the HRM, but then again, neither is California. Call 245-5858 Monday to Friday and ask for Tracy or Jason. I know that parts that I've ordered thru Peck's (and WK parts aren't always easy to find) have been as good or better than prices I've found anywhere, and they treat you well. And for people like me who aren't mechanically inclined, they have one of the best installation and fabrication guys around, Alan Justason.

Archived