• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Xmas wheeling plans?

ram5.9

Just wondering if anyone has plans to get out over the holidays. I'm planning to get out as much as possible. I have a couple of weeks off. I will post up times and locations in this thread. Merry Christmas everyone. 

Well, we had an excellent day out exploring. We decided to do a huge loop. We started off running the range 56770c46a9ec9_Run2.2.thumb.jpg.f126021e5

56770c857bb33_Run2.3.thumb.jpg.0a82f9038and then went on to explore Bowater to the 101.

We went a little more to the left then I was planning and popped out at the windmills in Ellerhouse.

56770ca5d8818_Run2.1.thumb.jpg.dc78d3573

So we played in a few familiar places but decided to skip the culvert since we were alone. I was going to take hard and soft home but my little guy was getting tired.

Another great day of wheelin.

Run 2.jpg

4 hours ago, ram5.9 said:

Well, we had an excellent day out exploring. We decided to do a huge loop. We started off running the rangeand then went on to explore Bowater to the 101.

We went a little more to the left then I was planning and popped out at the windmills in Ellershouse.

Run 2.jpg

Would love to know the route you took from the 103 to the 101.  We've done 2 during M.U.D.  I think there is a third as well.  Got any GPX track you could PM Joy or I?

No gps tracks. I have run two different routes through there a few times. One route involves a degraded bridge but passable and the other involves a narrow trail. Our route today was quite random. Its was longer then the two mentioned above.

58 minutes ago, ram5.9 said:

No gps tracks. I have run two different routes through there a few times. One route involves a degraded bridge but passable and the other involves a narrow trail. Our route today was quite random. Its was longer then the two mentioned above.

@sar4x4...Eugene... We know the degraded bridge route, that would be the one we used for M.U.D. 2014. And the narrow trail I believe is not the same one we exited back to fire roads for 2015, because even the FJ would have needed those trees cut at the very end to exit... Along with only signs of atv tracks coming through it and the couple other "full size friendly" adjustments that had to be made...unless you've been through it since we were there at the end of August JJ ;) 

29 minutes ago, 82Yota said:

I was always curious about the bridges, who maintains them? Can anyone just bring back wood and do repairs or will someone throw a fit about it? Sorry to hijack your thread, just curious

Existing bridges can be repaired, but you are NOT allowed to build new...

Tomorrow, NSJC is doing their annual Boxing Day Memorial Run for Tia, a former member who passed away from CF. It is an open run, for all makes/models, if anyone is interested. They are meeting at APJ Automotive on Conequid Road, Sackville at 10am and will be doing the Pipeline, the first trail Tia had done with them. There will also be a 50/50 draw with the proceeds being donated to a Cystic Fibrosis charity. 

Archived