• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

5.3 Chevy engine 2003. 120,000km what's it worth?

Powerram

Iv got a 2003 Tahoe I'm pulling the engine out of. The truck has roughly 120,000kms on it. Was running when parked. It is a 5.3L. The truck was parked due to corrosion on the bellhousing causing a cracked flexplate.brake lines, fuel lines and a broken rear control arm. And a few other random rusted things. My mom bought this truck new from Forbes Chevrolet and faithfully had it serviced there. Been sitting probably as long as Forbes Chevrolet has Been gone. It won't start due to the trans and engine separating. Looking to see what your thoughts are as to what its worth.

Right on, I'll put it away in the garage complete with wiring , ecm , radiator , cats and y pipe, trans and transfercase for safe keeping and eventually find a use for it. Always do haha. Just have to find a blown trans for this truck and rob the bell housing.

Archived