• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Engine Temp

FLTLNR

Ok, I have briefly touched on this topic in my CAI thread. How (short of engaging fan at max rpm all the time, and of course swift forward movement) can a person reduce the under hood temps? I noticed that even on this little trail that we did today the temp gauge was climbing quickly. It appeared that turning off 4W HI reduced this by a large amount.

Thoughts?

4Hi shouldn't have any effect on your engine temp. I can see perhaps (slim chance) that 4Lo would increase temps by RPMs being higher.

You can install an electric fan to help keep your rad cool. There are now cowl induction hoods for JKs.

How high did your temp gauge read?

not a HUGE amount above norm (norm being exactly 1/2 the gauge since there is no numbers on it) it would go up to appx 5/8 or so. Perhaps i am being paranoid but i never see it on day to day driving. and it would throw off an interesting smell.

Archived