• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Tire re-grooving

Guest Bill Smith

I have a tire re-groover( rillfit brand direct from germany) that I use to regroove tires for off road vehicles.I have sample tires done to show anyone interested in maximizing the traction of your tires. You can give me a call or text on my cell anytime 669-0867.

it is possible to shave tires,it would depend on the tire and tread type.I do have some heavy blades that will stand up to being "out"of the rubber as most of the blades have to stay in the rubber or "poof"there gone(burnt off).That being said the best way to keep your spare even with the rest of your tires is to do a 5 tire rotation.if you are ever up my way,by all means drop me a line and I will certainly have a look and see what I can do.

Now when can you go into more detail on the re-grooving of tires? I just really have no knowledge of it, unless its the same as doing re-treads?

Retreads is the process of shaving off the treaded section and molding new tread section on. Regroove is the process of using something like a hot knife and cut the grooves deeper.

Archived