• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

48" Hi-Lift Xtreme @ PA $40 off

Guest TRUXterra

Ordered online Tuesday, received today. PA has free shipping (up to $39) on orders over $75 until the end of December. Even if I paid for the shipping, the cost of fuel would have been more that the cost to ship @ $18.40! My X got more for Xmas than anyone else: Winch Hi-Lift Lift shackles front lift spacer Body lift

You better make it up to the kids and your wife, or you'll never be allowed to use all those new goodies ;) !!

That is certainly the truth :) no worries there, it's all good, been dropping the lines about this since last Xmas...lol. Getting the time to complete the installs is going to be the issue. Things just don't look the same sitting in a box covered in dust...they need to be on the truck covered in dirt. BL & suspension in the Spring, winch between the holidays (hopefully). I've already started dropping hints about next years leaf spring, rear locker (full axles swap) and a few other things too. I should have a good handle on the level of acceptance by September or so...lol

Standard on the off-road model only. It's part of my master plan (insert your own sinister laugh here). Swap the rear with the e-locker and do what\s known as teh Titan swap on the front. Only issue is to have the gears match and thus the reason I need to swap both the front & rear at the same time. Might have to drop 2-3 years of hints for that one to pass. F&R diff's are going to cost ~$1.5k combined used, not including other parts....

lol, I'd do that if it weren't $1k + installation just for the locker. If I go OEM, it'll have a lower gear ratio & better for mileage. Currently I have 3.13's, the e-locker for auto's is 3.36, and e-locker for manual is 3.69. Won't go into a lot of detail, but 3.69 is great for 35's, but creates additional considerations for the front. It'll be at least 1 if not 2 (more likely) years before I tackle this issue. At the end of the day, when done, I can run 35's (some front fender trimming required) and I'll sit ~5" over stock not including the additional height from the tires ( 31's to 35's = +2" more) and body lift (+2"). I'd sit about the same height as Ron's FJ & it would be all suspension lift, no drop brackets.

My pipe dream...

lol, one of my favorite sayings only a bit different. "It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission"...lol

Pic of what the above can do with 35's, no body lift though. Think I need to buy a lotto ticket for Fridays lotto Max...anyone want to start a pool?

2012-07-17_18-41-15_469.jpg

I agree with the rims, I love mine the way they are and will keep them. It's more the stance pre-body I was showing. Tried quickly to find the pic that I have as my "reference" but couldn't find it. My X sits at 38" to the front fender lip, with the BL, TS (Titan Swap) + 35's. I'd be at 44". I already have a 3.5" lift & 33's.

I'm still on the fence cause a locker in the rear & 33's will get me through 98% of the trails we run. The additional cost of 35's + the wear and tear is something that...aww who am I kidding, I want it...lol

Again, who wants to add funds to a mod lotto pool?

Archived