• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Rounded off skid plate bolt

RobSinclair

There are sockets at Canadian Tire that are supposed to be good for this, I've seen them work at my dad's in CB, and it worked GOOD. The bolt head was snapped off and it held onto what was left to grab it out.

Here they are, or similar...but Im pretty sure it's the same :

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/Sockets/SocketSets/PRDOVR~0582501P/Grip+Tite+Rusted+Bolt+Remover+Metric+Socket+Set.jsp?locale=en

Agreed. I believe mine used to be all irwin... a few have been replaced by bluepoint/snapon after the irwin socket succumbed to it's wounds inflicted by a hammer which was apparently slightly too large for the task at hand! That is the nice thing about the socket versions though, easy to tap them on with a hammer.

Hmm, direct to 3/8 drive would be convenient. I was just trying to make a joke Adam. Like i was wanting your telephone number. You shut me down. No big deal. :)

Where is a good place to get replacement bolts for this sort of thing?

Hmm, direct to 3/8 drive would be convenient. I was just trying to make a joke Adam. Like i was wanting your telephone number. You shut me down. No big deal. :)

Irwin ones you can get a carquest/napa.

Prolly not gonna find any today. Any nut/bolt shop would be able to match your bolt and sell cheaper then the dealership. Since everything but CT is closed. You could try CT or R&A on Sackville drive next to KOD and across from the OLD Hooker Motel. Its a Metic M6 or M8 bolt just forget the thread pitch.

PM me your number, I'll see what I got.

Ha! I get it... just a little slow sometimes!

Archived