• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

The Super Swamper tires

Guest johnvon

Think after X-mass I want to get a new set of tires for my truck. I think I’ll go up a size and get a set of 32's

I've been looking online and wondering if I can get Interco super swamper TSL tires from a local shop? I’m looking at something 32x9.5R15. Has anyone every tried them? Any recommendations would be nice.

The Super Swamper TSL check 'em out

http://www.intercotire.com/site33.php

It all depends on how much wheeling you plain on doing and the price range, those are not a radial so there going to be ruff in the winter till they get wormed up . I think that there are other tires around that will serve you just as well in the woods that are cheaper .
Just me 2 cents worth tongue.gif

Then you have a little more money for other thing . lol

check with DSL tires and wheels they have good deals on tires too I was going to get a set of 35x12.5x15 from them for about 850 tax in but when I was ready they were out of what I was looking for cause their shipment had arived yet but they usaully have them and the tires I had pick were MT di*k cepeck and they would have been good on and off road

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to go extreme, I'd say check out the Super Swamper SSR. I've got those, and I love them. They're great off road, and work well in winter because they've got sipes. However, they're loud, expensive, and very hard to ballance. If you're doing some mild to medium wheeling you should look into a mud terrain. di*k Cepek had some nice MT tires. Look for something with sipes to help in ice and snow. Ray's got one in his showroom, you should check it out. Stay away from all terains. They're ok, until you get into mud, and tend to pack up and become slicks. That's when you need your tires to perform the most! Just my $0.02

Been still looking around, I want 32x10.5R15. This seems to be a odd size...i see lot's of 32x11.5R15s.
I'm on a real tight budget so i think Trxus & BFGs are a no go. I may look into Hankook MT...or with any luck find something used?

what are some other Inexpensive MT tires that you can find local?

Quote:
Also keep in mind that the New BFG Muds are out soon. Its Krawler-esq!
The new KM2's are out wink.gif and there are no 15" rim sizes, or 31/32". If I was spending that kinda money I just get the Krawlers in 35's.

I think the best bang for your buck is something at DSL.
...or if you want an Interco, get something in a radial

• 2 weeks later...

Called star tire today and they have 33" Hankook M/T two different prices tho? $177.00 & 197.00 per tire.I don't know what the difference in the tires?

DSL have nothing in stock?

GCR have 33" dayton M/T and i couldn't find any trail cutters.

No one seems to have any 32" tires in stock right now....anyone selling any 32s or 33s?

check with scotia tire on robie that is where I got my tires from 35/12.5 R 15 and I payed about 180 .00 a tire they are the BFG mud Terrians Just my opion if your going to pay 197.00 per tire from star you should check out the BFG 's from scotia tire they may have the 32' s that you are looking for worse case you may have to go with 33's in stead and that price for those tires that I have is without tax and install but I put them on my self they are not balanced and I've had them up the highway and have had no shaking and I have my tires on a full size ford halfton and haven't had any problems with them yet and they have been on the truck since April and I don't find them that noisey most of my driving so far is on the pavement

I'll give them a call after x-mas, yeah if i can get BFGs for less than the hankooks i'd buy 'em. But first i'll try and find some used tires.....just emailed a guy about some tonight.

thanks

EDIT-
33" BFGs M/T $240.00 per tire If i don't find any used i think i'll go with the hankooks

Archived