• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Family Truckster/tow rig(tear down)

Guest Lil'monster

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So We had a little engine issue but that has now been fixed. Clarence took primer out with him this morning. It was all taped and sanded last night when I went out to visit. He finished fighting with the back door hinges on Friday Night and found what is draining the battery so it no longer needs a new battery. (yeah) Expecting paint late this afternoon. Cross your fingers that it gets done. Windshield to be installed after paint. Anyone want to come help him put those leaf spring in those things are heavy!! So maybe I'll be driving it by next weekend. I'll try to get some pics of before and after paint so he can post them later.

progress report:

post-196-1266793207_thumb.jpg

door jam primed ready for paint

post-196-1266793236_thumb.jpg

door jam with 2 coats (pre paint prep done with a spray can)

post-196-1266793260_thumb.jpg

haze of primer

post-196-1266793284_thumb.jpg

primed sanded and rock guarded

post-196-1266793309_thumb.jpg

other side ready for a final wipe down and new paint

I won't be back in the shop until the paint has tacked off as he calls it but those are the final before pictures.

He just finished shaving so funny to see him with out facial hair but he said no pictures (good seal for respirator) and is showering to remove any dirt and dust. The shop is closed off and heated up he expects to be done about midnight.

Hope he likes his new paint gun.

I am a just a little excited about new paint!!!!! :mellow:

He will probably start putting it back together wednesday as monday is swim night and he is on call tuesday.

the day light is what made it look bad... so he has wet sanded it and is now spraying again. The colour didn't cover well. A little nervous tonight as the metallic layed in perfect last time with very little dirt/dust in the paint, there was one little run but you would have had to look for it. (and he thought about hiding it when the paint was still wet) Hoping for a flawless paint job this time. Sometimes its nice to be married to a person with these abilities and other times you just wish you could take it to macco and let them deal with it.

I know my dart will be showroom condition when he is done with it after watching him fret over a cheap family daily driver!!!

the first 3 are after the wet sand let that be a lesson to all other paint jobs if you don't turn out he will use force!!!

post-196-1266973188_thumb.jpg

post-196-1266973209_thumb.jpg

post-196-1266973231_thumb.jpg

the next is after the paint is on and after I checked with tech support for camera operation and turned off the flash takes the haze out a bit

post-196-1266973252_thumb.jpg

do not try this at home

post-196-1266973285_thumb.jpg

Clarence fixing a dry spot

post-196-1266973303_thumb.jpg

the painter and his masterpiece

if it covered as well as it looks this paint job is near perfect!!!! (for a backyard shop with a hobby painter etc.)

Tomorrow and day light will be where it all comes to light

Archived