• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Just in case you ahavent heard!

Guest nsjeepster

YES ........IT IS A LONG READ BUT WELL WORTH IT IF YOU HAVE A LIFTED TRUCK ,LOWERED CAR ,TIRES OTHER THAN STOCK....

ANY SUSPENSION FROM STOCK IS BEING ATTACKED .

IF YOU HAVE A PLOW TRUCK WITH A SALT SPREADER AND HAVE BEEFED SUSPENSION , HOT ROD OR ANY VEHICLE WITH DIFFERENT SIZE ENGINE .

send letters to these people stateing you are apposed to this new MVI law!

just in case anyone else wants to ask questions .

also found is the website with contact information for all of the provincial MLAs. Everyone is encouraged to contact the MLA for your specific riding and perhaps copy Minister Hurlbert as well.

Anyone else who has other important contact information is encouraged to post it here!

Minister of Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations
Richard Hurlburt
Yarmouth
MLA - PC

Department of Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations
14th Floor, Maritime Centre
P.O. Box 216
1505 Barrington Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3J 2M4

Constituency Office:
Lovitt Plaza
368 Main Street
Yarmouth, NS B5A 1E9
Tel.(902) 742-8120 / 742-8486
Fax.(902) 742-8157
E-mail: [email protected]
or: [email protected]

Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal
Brooke Taylor
Colchester-Musquodoboit Valley
MLA - PC

Constituency Office:
PO Box 165, 673 #2 Highway
Brookfield, NS B0N 1C0
Tel.(902) 650-3000
Fax.(902) 650-3001
E-mail: [email protected]
or: [email protected]

Critic Areas: Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Affairs, Liquor Control Act
Becky Kent
Cole Harbour - Eastern Passage
MLA - NDP

Fax: 902-465-3179
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1515A Main Rd, PO BOX 152, Eastern Passage
Postal Code: B3G 1M4

Critic Areas: Transportation and Public Works
Vicki Conrad
Queens
MLA - NDP

902-354-5203
Fax: 902-354-5247
Address: 43 Carten Street, Liverpool, NS
Postal Code: B0T 1K0

Critic for: Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations
Diana Whalen
Halifax - Clayton Park
MLA - Liberal

Unit 303
287 Lacewood Drive
Halifax NS B3M 3Y7
Phone: 443-8318
Fax: 445-9287
[email protected]

Critic for: Transportation and Public Works
Wayne Gaudet
Clare
MLA - Liberal

R.R. #1, Church Point
Digby, NS
B0W 1M0
Phone: 769-3131
Fax: 769-2239
OR [email protected]

Liberal Leader
Stephen McNeil
[email protected]

NDP Leader
Darrell Dexter

Phone: 462-5300
Fax: 462-5306
Address: 971 Cole Harbour Road Dartmouth, NS
Postal Code: B2V 1E8

Nova Scotia NDP Caucus/Leader's Office

Centennial Building
Suite 1001, 1660 Hollis Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3J 1V7

Toll Free: 1-888-247-0448
(902) 424-4134
(902) 424-0504 (fax)

[email protected]

Vehicle Standards Engineer
Michael Balsom

N.S. Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal
T: (902) 424-0070
F: (902) 424-0512
E: [email protected]

SEMA has an online guide on how to deal with government and legislators (and yes, they do cover Canada as well)

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=61682

Letters to the editor:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/services/email-staff.php?id=Letters

Letters to newsroom people:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/services/email-newsstaff.php
This option is best if directing your concerns to a specific person at the newsroom.....

....or possibly easier, this option will send concerns to the "newsroom" to be passed along to the appropriate person:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/services/email-adstaff.php?rep=Newsroom~Newsroom

MLA CONTACT INFORMATION:
http://www.gov.ns.ca/legislature/members/directory/alpha.html

i spoke with a person that did the course on the 30TH and they had lots of questions that i could rant about what was said .
I will inform people that lifted trucks ,lowered cars are a target BUT ALSO ........MOTORCYCLES ,you won't even be able to change handelbars . AND ANTIQUES ..... HAS TO BE STOCK . no brake conversions , rack and pinion steering ,tire size and such ........compliance guy (won't name ) said they can pull antique plate on the spot!

The stock antique is supposed to be when plate is issued,but if you upgrade anything ........you're done

May 2, 2009, 12:03pm, 90bronco wrote:

i spoke with a person that did the course on the 30TH and they had lots of questions that i could rant about what was said .
I will inform people that lifted trucks ,lowered cars are a target BUT ALSO ........MOTORCYCLES ,you won't even be able to change handelbars . AND ANTIQUES ..... HAS TO BE STOCK . no brake conversions , rack and pinion steering ,tire size and such ........compliance guy (won't name ) said they can pull antique plate on the spot!

and for motorcycle people !!!

SINCE ..its not just our Jeep affected, we have a motorcycle parts business and MV Halifax Office advised me today that if handlebars are replaced on a Motorcycle then it has to checked by the engineer (NB Hoare) and registered as a reconstructed vehicle....bikeS fall over all the time and bars get bent and replaced. Also suspension is effected...all rigid frames will no longer be passed in safety inspction...even factory original vintage machines,including a friends original Harley Knucklehead...or USA hardtails approved by Canadian DOT for sale in Canada...

I'm short, I've put 1/2 lower shocks on my BMW motorcycle, it will not pass
Factory original exhaust is no longer available for my Honda Motorcycle..it will not pass
Because we do not sell OEM parts , it appears we will be out of business as I've been told only OEM parts will be allowed

my local Chrysler dealership has an envelope with the new regulations but they told me they are not allowed to open it until June 1...all info they have come from a seminar given locally for MVI inspectors..

Remember there has always been a law on the books regarding lifted vehicles being that bumpers had to match orig heights

2000 TJ 3" Black diamond suspension lift , Bushwacker body armor, 6" Bushwacker fender flairs, 31x10.5x15 on 10" American racing Outlaw11 wheels, Olympic grill guards , etc

Archived