• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

SAS progress

Guest yotaman

i'm looking at ~ 31" flage to flage for a front drive shaft. I'd with the rears up front it'll be a little shorter i'm not sure.

I installed my new pitman arm today and it looks like i'll have to move my steering box forward about a 1" because the way it is the tie rod will hit the drag link on full compression.....that is WHEN i get better springs.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris no i havn't done the motor mounts yet.....just been too busy the last couple days and today i got to work on the truck and it took half a day to get those springs in rolleyes.gif Problaly do them tomorrow since it's supposed to be nice out.

some posser shots fer ya's

leftflex.jpg

rightflez.jpg

side.jpg

I maxed out the jack i was useing at 22" and still had about a foot more compression left in the front springs grin.gif i'm very happy with the performance of the springs.

here's a before and after spring shot

HPIM0335.jpg

newfront.jpg

I'm about 2" higher in the front then the rear (if that) which is sweet since it gives a low COG. Now i gotta wait till next week to get my new brake lines before i can it out for a spin.

well the cage work will come later on but would still be legal wink.gif but the fender bars/bumper will be legal.....infact with the 1 5/8 tube i want to use it will act as a flair leaving only 3/4" - 1" of tire sticking out. Plus there is no fender cutting law just unclear rules regarding tire coverage.

picked up two sets of rear springs last night and today i got one side put on and HOLLLY FLEXXX!!! shocked.gifgrin.gif

I'm about to put the other side in once i get the old shackle pin outta the bushings rolleyes.gif. But all in all it lowered my front about 2-3" and softened it up BIG time plus gave me a great shackle angle. I'll get some flex pics later when i get the other side bolted up.

Quote:
what is the white box in the grill?
Hydrogen injection, a big help with fuel milage and a lil more power I'm pretty sure. Matt wil know all the details obviously as he had a hand in building it. Only vehicle in NS running it I think.

Quote:

Quote:
what is the white box in the grill?
Hydrogen injection, a big help with fuel milage and a lil more power I'm pretty sure. Matt wil know all the details obviously as he had a hand in building it. Only vehicle in NS running it I think.

Yup that's right my truck is basicly a water gas hybrid as the hydrogen unit takes water to "re-fill" it's self. We got a unit on my Dad's liberty and my Mom's diesel Jetta plus my toyota and all of them work much better.

Quote:
WHEEL SPACERS!! grin.gif

yup i'm going to have to do soemthing about the front width.......i drove it around the yard and the tires hit the leafs on full turn. When i can get some extra cash together i gotta pick up some LC rotors and some brake pads for my IFS calipers i'm going to run my IFS wheel hubs, LC rotors plus the IFS calipers (mounted to outside of knuckles) which will give me the 1.5" extra width to match the rear axle and keep the tires front rubbin.

I'm really hopein to get out this comming weekend for a run so i might need to get those old shocks off ya Chris.

Archived