• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Ranger refit

Guest Geezer

Not much to show for today.Brandon was helping to take the bucket seats and console out of the explorer and the wife came out to see the progress.I got the wiring harness transfered from the parts truck to mine and worked on fuel lines,starter and exhaust.

post-120-1270245636_thumb.jpg

post-120-1270245702_thumb.jpg

post-120-1270245768_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to change the dash ,install the electrics in the doors and whatever else I can get done. :unsure: B)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah ,she's been pretty good about it so far because she didn't want me to spend the money on a new truck.I've got rid of two since the pics and as soon as the conversion is complete there are two more to go.That just means I'll be able to buy more.LOL

So I bought some more stuff.Man this is getting expensive.

post-120-1270942098_thumb.jpg

Got the gears and locker install.Installed the wheel cyl and new brake lines.The rest of the day was spent on getting the buggy ready for the run.

post-120-1270942313_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the engine completed

post-120-1270942450_thumb.jpg

And Clyde doing what Clyde does best,supervising.

post-120-1270942557_thumb.jpg

So tonight I finally got it running. A little wiring issues and a little fuel line issues and she fired right up. Still got lots of minor things to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Have to work this weekend so I'm not sure how much time I'll get to work on it.

Well tonight was a good night,got a lot done thanks to Everett and Clarence.Hoping to finish some things on Sun,seat,exhaust gasket and a few other things and then take it for a drive.I had alot of unexpected and truly appreciated help with this project ,so I want to say a big thank you to Clarence,Ken,Everett,Shawn ,Brandon and especially Clyde.It's good to have friend's such as yourself.

We'll I had a little time tonite to put the seat in.Fire extinguisher is mounted and made the transfer case shifters.

post-120-1271635704_thumb.jpg

Shifter knobs are courtesy of Clyde.

The driveshaft and exhaust are installed.Made the driveshaft out of 3"x1/4" tube.Shouldn't bend it. <_<

post-120-1271635935_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the new fuel tank.It hangs to low,but will do until I build the new deck.

post-120-1271636067_thumb.jpg

Those shifter knobs are sweet man and you won't be disappointed with that d-shaft ,when i made mine i used 3"x1/4 seamless tube and have beat it pretty good with no issues yet .

I guess you don't have abs brakes on the ranger as you don't have it plugged in , should put something on those connectors next to the frame so they don't get gunk in them ......... tank wires i presume?

I think you will like the 8.8 ,making a cover for it?

Archived