• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Was a 5degree Jan day.

Guest liltoy

So why not go play for a little bit? Buddy of mine and I went out for a lil exploring/playing yesterday. Of course we had to have co pilots so he brought his fiance and I brought one of the roomies, think they were happy they didn't have to work any straps. We didn't break one out all day, had it close by though.

Only problems of the day were;
Me drowning out the truck, she sucked in a bit of water. Believe it or not wasn't a big hole, it was a pothole the width of the road and maybe 8" deep at most. I could see it if I was flying through it but hit it at 30ish.

Tom's truck over heating at the end of the trip. Overflow tube came off the rad so she lost a bit of fluid. Added some water to the resivour and let her sit for a bit hood up.

Anyways other than that fun had by all.

f07adbba.jpg

f07adbb9.jpg

f07adbb6.jpg

f07aced4.jpg

f07adbb8.jpg

f07adb9d.jpg

f07adb9b.jpg

f07adb9a.jpg

f07adb97.jpg

f07ad92a.jpg

f07ad0ad.jpg

Was my first run on the BFG's and wil admit they didn't work too bad. Wasn't overly impressed but they never let me down all day. Ran them at 30psi and they still had a decent bite on the wet rocks. They seemed to clean out good to with a couple quick spins. Even though they are at about 40-50% tread left I still got a good feel for them as my 33's are in about the same condition.

Yes and no. Rifle range yup, then down the side the 102 for a bit then to the right in the ledges, then headed towards Lucasville road, turned around at the big swamp. We weren't properly prepared to atempt it. Don't think my truck would have made it through less yet the ranger. And if I did try and didn't make doubt the ranger would get me out after I've suctioned to the bottom.

I cut and paste from another bord the answer LOL

"If I had a dollar for everytime I heard a joke about the tank bein for fuel I could fill it with supreme . Just there for wieght till I finish the box, right now only has a sheet metal decking to get it on the road. But wih the way she burns the fuel I may have to consider using it as a fuel tank."

Archived