• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

toyota sfa lift

Guest Snowman

I wouldn't recommend Chevy rears, they are way to long and look funny, especially on a short bed truck.

I would use the origonal rear leaves up front with 3 other Toyota, Mazda, Isuzu or whatever other truck has thin leaves that are 2 1/4" wide.
My front pack is holding up my 3.0 V6 well and looks good, I'd say I have about 4"-6" of lift out of them.

For rears I ran an older set of Chevy leaves, they are 2 1/2" wide and have 5 leaves in the pack, they run very well. I had to add 3 leaves to the poack to make a 8 leaf pack because of the weight of the truck, but 5 should work for a pick-up.

Also, I would think about F-150 leaves too, I hear the flex well and they look nice too... They are 3" wide though, but not to long.

You will acheive as much lift as you would like and as soft of a ride as you want building your own packs. The thicker the leaves the stiffer the pack. I would go for a lot of thin leaves over a couple of thick leaves.

Let me know what you think, if you want to know what my packs fully consist of I can let you know.

BAhh who is worried about looking funny? Function over style any day for me, but guessing most figured that by the looks of my truck grin.gif

I late 80's chev rears on mine, a 3 leaf pack plus the over load. I was gonna take the over load out but figured it would work well as a traction bar to help stop wheel hop or spring wrap.

They are a lil long lookin and mine isn't a good comparison as the axle is moved ahead 4" and the frame is bobbed about 6" in the rear.
ee96f4af.jpg

ee96f4ae.jpg

The only problem I have had with min is dragging the rear shackles from time to time. But only when at a serious angle either climbing or departing.

That was one of the main reasons I was going to take off the the overload aka rock anchor. But so far so good, they havn't hooked on anything yet that has slowed me down.

I was considering the buggy spring or dual shackel set ups. From talking to others who have tried it I decided against either one. Both have a tndancy to unload when going down hill and scaring the hell out of ya. Some also found the had alot more wheel hop when using them.

Archived