• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

A funny range run

Guest JKWhoo!

So earlier this evening a friend of mine with a 99 XJ called me up. Said he wanted to try running the range, as he's never done it before, and would I guide him through it. I figured hell, why not. He's got a 4 inch lift and 31 in ATs, he should be just fine. I gave him the warnings about how ugly the bypass can be and about the potential height of the river. He said he was cool with it, and so off we went.

Well, the run came off wonderfully. Conquered the range in about an hour and a half, no real issues at all. Kingswood however, was a different story. I lack pictures, due to the lack of a camera. But, well. We got out on the road and started off towards Hammonds Plains road, and out of no where his hood latch lets go, flys p, smashes the windshield. Scared the hell out of us.

So, gist of the story, The Range, easily conquered, Kingswood, defeats modeified Jeep. I got a kick out of it.

Archived